Attachment Theory

Friday, May 25, 2007

Last night me, Lee, Scottie and Bri & Wade went to Log Haven to celebrate the graduates. Bri graduated from dental hygiene school and already has a job with Genesis Dental. And as you know from my previous blog, Scott graduated from the U. We had great reasons to celebrate and Millcreek Canyon was at its spring finest. Thank you Lee for a fabulous night. You spoil me (and all your adopted kids)!

Well as we were driving down the canyon, I realized I didn't have my phone on me which all cell phone users know can cause a little stress. Scott told me I probably just left it at the house so I just put the initial anxiety aside and went on with the fun night of a wedding open house and a late night with the friends at the Hannah & Hartman Macey household.

Once we got home at 1:30 am I looked everywhere and tried to hear the ring of my trusty razor. Nothing. Just quiet in our little mother-in-law apartment on Oak Creek Circle.

"Just chill Aimee. You're going to find your phone with all your contacts," I repeated to myself until I finally fell asleep at I don't know what time. Maybe I left it in my dads car? I called him this morning and nope. Not in there.



I drive to work filled with anxiousness about what I am going to do and start to realize that I am way too attached to my phone and all the information contained within. I LOVE the convenience of a cell phone. I LOVE that I don't have to memorize anyones number anymore. I LOVE text messaging the convenience it allows to not have to have a full conversation with someone. I LOVE that text messages allow you to communicate quickly and simply in times when you can't answer your phone. But... I HATE the feeling it gives you when you think about the possibility of losing your cell phone. Yes, it is 2007 and these are just some of the anxieties of living in it.

Needless to say, I left it at Log Haven and Scott just went to pick it up for me. All that anxiety... for nothing.

What would I do without my cell phone? Better question: What would I do without him? Thank you Scott. Can't wait to see you and my little silver razor that I have much to much of a dependancy on. Oh, technology.

1 Comments:

Kristin said...

Love the "attachment theory" the quickest way to get over this is simply lose your phone approximately every 3 months, you get over the info inside and the anxiety virtually diminishes. You know what I am talking about..."Who is this?"

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP