Weekend In Review

Monday, June 11, 2007


Friday
Spent an enjoyable Friday night at the Bonsai Japanese Restaurant with Bri and Wade. Wade was a good sport when Scott told the waitress we were celebrating his birthday. A tambourine & drums, a table of strangers singing to him, and a free cup of ice cream later and we were having a birthday party a month early! We even got a Polaroid picture taken and hung it on a wall for all Bonsai patrons to see. I've been wanting to make the wall for a while now. Thanks Wade for making all my Bonsai dreams come true! Happy Birthday!

Next stop, The Waitress at Jordan Commons. A very cute movie by all movie standards. My co-worker/friend insisted that I would LOVE this movie and after seeing I too would recommend it if you are looking for a fun slice-of-life independent kind of movie with a mix of depth and heartache. There were many parts where you just laugh out loud and parts that made me a little teary-eyed. The movie reminds you how its better to be alone than in an unhappy marriage and though it glorifies adultery just a bit I thought it was a wonderful script, great characters and a heart-felt message of love and friendships. As one critic put it: "...a tartly enjoyable slice of romantic comedy served up with a dramatic bite."


Plus, as a tribute for my college years, I will see anything with Felicity Porter in it. Also Billy from Six Feet Under and Elton from Clueless was her unruly, controlling husband which was fun too. The whole cast did an excellent job.

Its a great soundtrack too. They had some good songs including The Electric Love Letter by Langhorne Slim.

Go see it! I think men and women alike would enjoy it.

Saturday
The morning started with taking some engagement pictures with Scott for my cousin Angeli. Then it was off to the Holladay (or as my brother says HOLLA-day) SummerFest to meet up with Hart & Hannah. There were tons of people there and it was a great surprise seeing so many friends! I got myself a black framed 4 leaf clover from Leaf Decor. I need all the luck I can get!

That night we went to a great wedding party for Scott's cousin Matt which had great food and we sat with great company. We drove to the Macey's and the night ended with a game of pictionary that me and Hannah let Scott and Hartman win. Followed by a game of Yathzee. Does life get any better?!

Sunday

Taught primary with our crazy kids whom we love dearly but that act as great birth control! A cat nap, some Sunday reading and dinner with the Heffernan Family.

Why do weekends go so fast?!

Now... back to the grind.

7 Comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Fun! So jealous you've seen 'The Waitress.' My husband won't see it. Guess I'll have to go by myself!

Aimee said...

i know 2 boys that have liked it so maybe you can change his mind.

Kim said...

I've been waiting to go see that movie too, I've been trying to talk Zack into it telling him that it's not a chick flick but we both love Felicity so how can we resist.
Dinner with Breeeee looks pretty fun too! We all need to get together sometime.

Lacey Jane said...

I'll try and convince Jeff!

Yes, we do. And, if you all go to dinner, we just love to eat! (Hint, hint.)

Aimee said...

Well lets plan a BBQ or something. We're all friends from different places and its about time we all came together to eat!

camihubrich said...

Sounds like a way fun weekend. Hans and I were bummed that we missed the HOLLA-day summer fest being that we are HOLLA-day residantes now. Next year right.

camihubrich said...

And I think that we all need to get together too.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP