The Movies We Love
Thursday, July 19, 2007
This site here wasted a good chunk of my night. Its the top 77 Most Unforgettable Movie Songs. Yes please! The YouTube video from the movie and the song can be played for your listening, movie-remembering and viewing pleasure right there embedded on the website. (Thank you, You Tube. What would my days be like without you?). It is a really, really fun website to look through so click it!
Who are these people picking the songs we come to love through our movies and why aren't any of them my best friends?
A few personal favorites from the list:
- The Pixies, Where is My Mind from Fight Club - just love the song. The perfect going crazy song.
- OMD, If You Leave from Pretty in Pink - who can resist a man in a white tux?
- Roxette, It Must of Been Love from Pretty Woman - when I sing this song in my car or in front of my computer it makes me feel like I have a really great voice.
- Audrey Hepburn, Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's - I've actually never seen this movie but this song has a place in my heart because of Mr. Bigg & Carrie Bradshaw which will make me forever love this song. It is a beautiful, timeless song. Even listened to this version twice.
- Katrine & the Wave, Walking on Sunshine from High Fidelity - Jack Black hand clapping. John Cusack. Top Five. Period.
- Aerosmith, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing from Armageddon - NOT. What the crap is this crappy song doing on this damn list? I really hate this song. Sorry to all those animal cracker lovers out there but this song is really bad.
- Elliot Smith, Miss Misery from Good Will Hunting - I need to watch this movie again.
- Kenny Loggins, Footloose from Footloose - how could I not include this after my Monday blog?
- The Shins, New Slang for the Garden State - The soundtrack is on my top 3 soundtrack of all time. Glad to see it was included.
- Bryan Adams, Everything I do I do it for You from Robin Hood - just because I danced to this song at my 6th grade dance to this song with Jason Rogers.
- The Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want from The Big Chill - another great soundtrack (I like to clean to it, go figure?) also but mostly because my dad use to sing this to us when we would beg for something. The Zen Mormon teaching us about attachment through song.
- Jamiroquai, Canned Heat from Napoleon Dynamite - nuff said. Number 13! Impressive.
- Elton John, Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous - this was an awesome part in the movie. Kate Hudson is beautiful. "You are home." Love it. I love singing loud to this song on a sunny day with the windows down.
Feel free to comments on your top favorites.


1 Comments:
So funny. I totally cringed when you mentioned the Aerosmith song and then laughed out loud with the description that followed. I couldn't agree more.
Post a Comment