Day Trippin'
Monday, May 19, 2008
Last week we all (Lee, Mar, Scott & me) took the day off and went first to Deception Pass a beautiful northwest must-see and then to visit Dave in Bellingham, the most beautiful city in the state. It was a classic, rainy northwest day but we had tons of fun basking in the greenery and getting soaked as we walked/ran across the bridge and wondered through the campus.
I was reminded all too well that you know you are in Bellingham when a hoodie is necessary and your pant bottoms are soaked. Ah the good ol' days at Western. It was fun hanging with Dave for a while and a much needed get-a-way. We love you, D. Enjoy some pix.






10 Comments:
I can't remember the last time I went to Deception Pass. I think I need a day trip. Looks like fun to drop in on Big D as well.
I'm jealous I wasn't there! Leave it to true seattlites to not have an umbrella...except looks like mom did. Lily (tyler's prior company) will love that free advertising
That rainy weather sounds pretty good right now - it is passed the point of comfortable here - 107 today. More importantly, it is so fun to see pics of Dave all grown up. He is so cute!
I still can't look at David without remembering him in his tux doing the Charelton. I would LOVE to see him do it now!!!
Lizz, he would never do it again. That is why I hang on to the memories with my whole heart.
Ok. So I left a comment before so I hope it doesn't pop up out of no where and then you have two messages just the same, but I just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I am glad you found me. It is good to see you are happy and well in Seattle, altough you are missed here. Glad to know I can now add you to my page to keep updated on your lives.
Hey there :) Just recently started reading your blog.
I just moved here (Seattle) from Vancouver BC and have been researching cool places to have "weekend day trips". I'll have to check out this Depception Pass :)
Thanks Aimee & Scott for the pictures. It was a good trip. Loved that you memorialized No Vehicles Allowed as I whizzed by in my trusty Permobil! It fed my rebellious streak that doesn't show itself often enough.
Love, Mom
To describe a first time visit to Deception Pass is nearly impossible. Ya just gotta experience it. I remember standing on the bridge thinking..."that is SOOO far down!" And our visit was in the pouring rain!
I LOVE that top picture, is that even real? It's so beautiful!
Post a Comment