While You Were Sleeping

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The song below has been on repeat a few times over the weekend. I love it. A lot. Scott showed it to me via his friend Niels who sent a ton of great music his way recently.

Thank you, Niels. Good pick.



The artist is Elvis Perkins. Lyrics can be found here if you are into reading the words or if you are a myspacer click here. Here is his wikipedia page where you will read that he is the son of the actor who played Norman Bates in Psycho. Random. His mom died on one of the planes on September 11th and the second half of his album was written after that so his song writing took a different turn. Very sad.

And if you just can't get enough of the song here is a great performance on Letterman.


2 Comments:

Lisa H. said...

I heard this song on This American Life a couple of months ago (the episode about scary things people do in their sleep) and instantly fell in love. I bought the song on iTunes and have listened to it over and over. I'm still in love with it.

Kim said...

I can see why you've had it on repeat, great song+great voice. Thanks for introducing him to me!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP