Freedom
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
After two intense weeks of due date, after due date, after due date, I was driving home after class last night (in the sunshine) and saw all these shining, happy people running in the park, walking their dog, strolling as lovers without a care in the world. Meanwhile in Greenlake, my sinking, jealous heart was green with envy as I thought about the scholastic chains on my life of an 8-10 pager I had been putting off for days. Even when I was taking "down time" the guilt was gnawing at me. This was coupled by complete burn-out in regards to writing papers as I approach my last quarter of graduate school. BURN-OUT. If I could've I would've thrown the covers over my head and slept through this week and when I woke up everything would've magically been done and over with. Ahh, if dreams could come true.
The completion of this paper would also mean that I was hours away from a much anticipated trip to the Great Salt Lake and 2 weeks of a spring break. 2 weeks! But this nagging paper ahhhh....I hated these happy people people all around me basking in the sunshine with their canines. Freedom would never be mine it seemed.
Until now, as I am finally relaxing the only way you can relax after pumping out a paper that has been haunting me all month. I've said it before but I will say it again - someone needs to bottle this feeling. Next to the feeling of falling in love, this could go for millions.


4 Comments:
You can do it!!! We'll have to party together from afar when we're both done with this madness that is grad school! :)
You're in the final stretch, my friend. I SO remember feeling this way a year ago when David finished his Mod finals. Though not quite complete, the end was in sight. You've done it, girl! You've accomplished a dream. That feeling is worth more than millions. It's priceless.
How did you finish so fast?!!!? I am still plugging, but the end is in sight... I am not going to class tonight so have a wonderful spring break!! See ya for our LAST first day of the quarter.... EVER.
The last quarter is all down hill. It will be over so fast you'll almost miss it. :) Congratulation on getting this quarter done. The second to last one was the hardest for me.
Post a Comment