Public Clarification & Apology
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I got a comment today on this little old blog of mine from "anonymous" about a post I wrote to the Kenmore City Construction Workers:
"The work on Bothell Everett Highway in Kenmore is not city workers. It is the Wa State DOT as Bothell Way is a State Highway. Be nice to the city. It is not their project. There is a lot more to the project than just widening the road. They also had to move the bike trail and the project goes all the way into Lake City. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye."
Well, right you are Mr/Mrs. Anonymous (Kenmore Mayor?). Thank you for the correction and in response I would like to openly apologize to the city of Kenmore and yourself for my ignorance and sarcasm. If I offended either one in anyway that was not my intention. So I would like to address a new letter to the appropriate persons:
Dear WA State Department of Transportation,
What in the nut is taking so freaking long?
Please, please, puh-leeeeeeeease hurry! We want our road back.
kisses,
Aimee
P.S. Oh yes, and in case no one from the city gave you my message I thought I would let you know that whomever decided on the sidewalk light sabers needs a new a job. It is awful. Bad form, DOT. Bad form.
P.S.S. Thanks for putting back the left turn light so we can get to church again though. That was the most annoying. Maybe we can be friends once this is all behind us. Who knows? Stranger things have happened...


3 Comments:
You are so funny, Aimee! I love this post. I too hope that WDOT gets there act together if not only to just stop annoying you.
TGIF! Have a great weekend!
P.S.
LOVE your new comment format. I'll have to figure out how to do this myself.
OK, that= funny. Poor misunderstood city of Kenmore. At least now I know I can curse WASDOT when I'm driving down Bothell Way now. Thank you anonymous! I do like to place my blame accurately. :)
Seriously though, whenever it is finished in a million years, it's going to be really nice to drive down Bothell way. Until you get to the light sabers, and then it will just be disturbing. OK, sorry- couldn't help myself. Too hard to be serious...
Awesome. Love it.
Post a Comment