The Sealed Non-See-Through Envelope

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This envelope is still sitting on our table staring at us. Unopened. Not knowing the fate of its life.


Scott wants to be surprised. His reasoning is that it was the best part of my labor last time. He is right about that point. It was pretty cool.

I want to find out. I think. If I end up having a c-section again I think this will be a fun way to break up the pregnancy. And inspired by this picture I thought it would be fun to have a party with the best fall foods with our favorite family and friends and open the box and see the balloons come floating out revealing the next face of our future family. Will there be pig tails or a fort-building little brother for Cashey? (Please note: I hope if it is a sister she will also want to build forts with Cash too though. All kids should build forts no matter the gender.) 

If we decide to open it, Scott says he would like to go have an intimate dinner with the two of us and open the envelope.  Hmmmm? Not quite what I had in mind...

Ah, the woes of an extrovert/introvert union. What will we do with ourselves?

Anyway, of course I will keep you all posted on what the final verdict is if we ever come to a compromise.

Until then, I will continue to ignore the envelope and the little piece of paper inside stating boy or girl.

10 Comments:

Jenn said...

Your will power astounds me! I want to drive to your house and rip that envelope open just to know- because I am selfish like that.

However, I kind of like Scott's idea about the dinner but your balloon idea is way cool too! Good luck to you both during the envelope wars. I seriously couldn't do it!

Shannon said...

see you at our gender reveal party on Friday!

COME ON SCOTTY .... PLEASE!

naptimenostalgia said...

Love it Shannon!

Marit said...

a gender reveal would be soooo memorable and SUCH a great picture for you guys to have! I love that example that you linked to!
Congrats on baby #2! I'll be following...

Sizzle said...

As an extrovert, I'm all over that big reveal party. Mr. D on the other hand, would want what Scott wants. ;-)

Schoolcraft Stuff said...

HOW have you not opened that yet? Seriously, my mind is blown. I would like to once again vote for you guys to open it. Yes, I know you haven't asked for anyone to vote but again, I like voting and being involved. Open! Open ! Open!

Brooke said...

If you do a gender reveal party, I will jump on the next flight to SEA to be there! Seriously!!

bjahlstrom said...

Awesome...Did your nurse make the envelope? How did that work?

Bardsleyland said...

You're right, you will have plenty of fort building in your future either way. And hopefully doll playing and pretend cooking too.

But it's still fun to know before hand. I vote for the reveal party. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP