A Plug for Trident Gum
Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Since I was a little girl my dad has chewed Trident gum. Not just any flavor but Original Flavored Trident gum. When we would ask him for a piece of gum he would pack it like a box of cigerettes before pulling out a piece of gum for us. Oh, don't worry - he still does it everytime we ask for gum. It cracks him up everytime still after all these years. But as I was pulling out pieces of gum for my friends from work (after a delightful round of half-off sushi at the Cottonwood Mikado) I was reminded why I think Trident gum is still the best gum to chew out of any other gum out there.
1. It is sugar-free. Actually it was the first sugar-free gum ever created. Sugar gum actually makes your breath smell worse becasue once you spit the gum out it the sugar stays on your tounge and makes it stinky. Stinky breath = no friends. You decide.
2. It is the perfect size - Orbit and Extra are too big for the mouth therefore forcing you to spit it out much too early
3. Its made with Xylitol which basically helps keep the neutral pH balance in your mouth helping prevent tooth decay
4. Because 4 out of 5 dentists recommend it
5. It just is good and the flavor is subtle yet does the job
Sad news though. As most of you close to me know I always carry a pack of cinnamon gum to balance with the orignial flavor (cinnamon anything is the best flavor in the world especially locally owned and adored Sweet's Brand cinnamon bears - the only cinnamon bears to eat). Well for my whole adult life I have been buying both these flavors at any grocery store or 7-11 until the last 6 months when the cinnamon packs have COMPLETELY fallen off the face of the whole entire grocery store/7-11/gas station/Costco world. Disappeared. Vanished. Pulled a Hudini. Aimee. Devastated. Out of nowhere the Trident company decided their biggest cinnamon fan didn't need to have her favorite gum anymore.
So one day, my husband, knowing my woes of no cinnamon gum did something great. I came home from work a few weeks ago and there was a package with his name on it. We've made a pact that if a package or piece of mail has the other's name on it we won't open it. Well this one particular day I just happened to accidently forget that pact and I opened an unexpected package that was sitting there on the counter. Inside, to my delight, was 18 individual packs of Trident Cinnamon flavor gum. He had ordered it off of Amazon.com. I ruined his surprise but I couldn't have been a happier girl. I have my cinnamon gum again and use it sparingly and only eat it to give myself a treat.
So my plea... if you see anywhere in the greater United States area selling packs of cinnamon Trident gum you gotta tell me where I can get my hands on those xylitol packed, perfectly sized pieces of delightful chewable morels before my supply ends.


7 Comments:
I can totally relate! If gum were cigarettes, I'd be a chain-smoker. I love gum- particularly Dentyne Ice SOFT Chew- Wild Winter. But, it too has fallen off the face of the retailers-that-supply-gum-chain. Help!
I demand a re-stock.
Weird about your Cinnamon. I thought it was a popular flavor?
Please don't open my mail.
Ok, so I admittedly switched a few years back from Trident to the Orbit. Much to my chagrin as well, cinnamon Orbit is nowhere to be found. I think we should start a cinnamon brigade to bring back our favorite chewable friend. Reading your blog made me want to revert back to the good ol' Trident days too. Sigh. Why do I love gum so?
scott - i've learned my lesson.
If Original Trident is not in your pocket or purse, you are a pinko and I want nothing to do with you.
Trident Cinnamon Sugarfree with Xylitol IS BACK!
Cadbury Adams has reintroduced the 18 stick value pack to the market in May. It is the same gum, the same bar code, 8 12546 61267, and the same taste. The ingredients are the same although announced in a slightly different manner.
Old Pack: Sorbitol, Gum Base, Xylitol, Glycerin, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Mannitol, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin, Red 40 Lake and BHT.
New Pack: Sorbitol, Gum Base, Xylitol, Glycerin, Mannitol, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Less than 2% of: Acesulfame Potassium, BHT, Red 40 Lake, Soy Lecithin, and Sucralose.
I found it in CVS Pharmacy and my grocery store has promised to obtain and stock it.
viagra australia mexico viagra watermelon viagra price of viagra viagra uk cost pill buying viagra online in britain viagra lawyer ohio how to get viagra mexican viagra pharmacy viagra viagra mexico does viagra really work buy viagra australian cheapest viagra in uk
Post a Comment