Time. Friend or Foe?
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Its past midnight. Instead of watching Six Feet Under - which has become a nightly routine as of the last week and 2 days - I'm just doing stuff on the computer while I hear cute Scott softly sleep on the couch. Patty came on the shuffle and this song just hit me (again) tonight. "I don't know nothing except change will come. Year after year what we do is undone. Time keeps moving from a crawl to a run." I can't believe its already May?? How is it already May?? It was just New Years?? How did I get to be 27?? It was just a little while ago that I was 4 years old living on Glenmare Street and riding in the back of our yellow, rusty Subaru making up my own words and expecting my dad to know the meanings.
August is just there waiting for us and its this really weird mixed emotion of excitement and nervousness and relief and fear.
Time; what a thief you are.
You can play the song that caused all these thoughts. Just click the play button and it should be the first song that plays. (Also if you are bored you can click to 9 Crimes in honor of the Damien Rice concert tonight that I am not be attending but will be there in my heart. So sad to hear he and Lisa Hannigan won't be working together anymore. Her voice sings a thousand emotions. She will be hard to replace. Wonder who he is touring with?)
Patty Griffin
When It Don't Come Easy
Red lights are flashing on the highway
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home tonight
Everywhere the water's getting rough
Your best intentions may not be enough
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home tonight
But if you break down
I'll drive out and find you
If you forget my love
I'll try to remind you
And stay by you
When it don't come easy
I don't know nothing except change will come
Year after year what we do is undone
Time keeps moving from a crawl to a run
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home
You're out there walking down a highway
And all of the signs got blown away
Sometimes you wonder if you're walking in the wrong direction
But if you break down
I'll drive out and find you
If you forget my love
I'll try to remind you
And stay by you
When it don't come easy
So many things that I had before
That don't matter to me now
Tonight I cry for the love that I've lost
And the love I've never found
When the last bird falls
And the last siren sounds
Someone will say what's been said before
Some love we were looking for
When you break down
I'll drive out and find you
When you forget my love
I'll try to remind you
And stay by you
When it don't come easy
When it don't come easy
*Thanks Ryan for helping me figure out this posting music thing and the html coding tutorial. You are a total nerd and I am so happy I have you!
| Express Yourself LIVE |


2 Comments:
What a nice post! I agree. Can't believe it's already May. Wow. The summer will have come and gone before we know it.
I also love Ms. Griffeth- this song, too. Something about her voice.
Lastly, I wish I were going to the Damien Rice show... There's just something about his simple melodies.
This post tapped right into how I have been feeling the last few weeks. Can you believe you are creeping up on your 1 year anniversary? You have so much to look forward to and you are right, it's just there waiting for you. (that sentence sounded slightly Richard Marxy but that's ok)
Post a Comment