Making Sense of Suffering

Monday, June 25, 2007

Probably most of you know that my mom was published in Dialouge (a liberal Mormon Journal) back in 1992 about her experience with Multiple Sclerosis. As I was looking around the internet today I found the link to her article.

If any of you are interested in reading it you can find it here: Making Sense of Suffering. You have to click on each page on the left hand side to read the next page. She is a great writer and her honest approach to her experiences with this illness is extremely touching.

I am really proud of everything she has been through. She is an amazing example of perserverence to everyone around her. I have often thought about writing a follow-up to this article from my perspective. Maybe someday....

I have two different images of my mom. My childhood mom and my high school years and beyond mom. This is a picture of my mom when our family when to Moab. This is how I remember her when she could walk and hike and bike. No wheelchairs, no leg pumps, no handcapped bathrooms (though I love the big shower we have now in my parents house!). Wished she would've saved those big sun glasses being that they are back in style now!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since I've read this. I cried the whole way through. She is a wonderful writer. We have such a smart Mother! Thanks for the link to the article Aimee. Love you!
-- Shannon

Lacey Jane said...

Wow. Your mom is a strong lady. I'd love to read this from your perspective.

So glad you shared.

Lisa H. said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to read this article. Your mom is a great writer and a great inspiration. Loved it.

Unknown said...

Enlightening and very touching. I've always had a wonderful relationship with my aunt and have been extremely close to her, Lee, and my cousins...a second family actually! Yet never knew about some ofthe internal emotional battles that challenged her. I love her even more for her undaunting endurance and faith that she exercised and still continues to today.

I love you Mar,

Your nephew,
Christian

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP