The Morning Routine

Monday, June 4, 2007

As I was getting ready this weekend I was thinking about how I do the same thing every morning of everyday and I became very grateful for a few key items.

The CHI
Everyone, this is the CHI. CHI, this is everyone. Women if you don't have one of these flat irons than this is your next birthday/christmas/mother's day/summer present that you should ask for or spoil yourself with. Men if your significant lady doesn't have a CHI than you know what to get her for the next birthday/christmas/mother's day/summer present.

If my house was burning down and I had to grab one thing it would be a real dilemma between my G5 Mac or my CHI but ultimately I think I would probably go with the CHI (and have Scott grab the Mac). It is the most wonderful hair product ever invented. I don't know what I did before the CHI. It makes my hair beautiful and healthy with its all ceramic plates and quick heating mechanisms. And did you know it can do curls?! Oh, yes, beautiful sexy stylish curls with a wrap and twist of the wrist. You've got great hair in minutes.

We also have a wee CHI (1/2 inch) also for when Scott has short hair and we want to straighten those curls out a bit.

The CHI. Worth every cent of the $100 you will spend. Trust me on this one! Beauty essential #1.

The Face Trimmer

Peach fuzz and/or mustaches (even blond ones) are not welcome on my face. I use this little handy product for the cheeks, upper lip, forehead, chin and the unwanted hair on the back of my neck. Let's face it women, we grow hair too but preventing that from showing up is the key to beauty basics. You can pick one of this handy products up at your local Target Walmart or Kmart, locations.

Tweezers
If eyes are the window to the soul than eyebrows are the curtains. Good shape is everything. No unibrows or bushy eyebrows are allowed. If you need me to touch you up I'm all for making your eyebrows beautiful. Just ask.

Clinque Tinted Moisturizer
I was introduced to this product by Melissa Petty my personal make-up consultation. She works at the Fashion Place Clinque counter. It evens out my skin tones, keep my skin feeling fresh, and moisturizes to help prevent future wrinkles while not giving me the cakey base look that I hate. Love, love, love it. And did I mention it has SPF. Yes, please.

Mac Eye Shadow

Don't let the crazy-eyed MAC workers scare you. With their plethora of colors you can't go wrong with any mac eyeshadow. It applies evenly and blends well. My color of choice is called Romp. With a name like that why would you want to use any other line of eyeshawdow?! And if you bring in 5 empty eyeshadow cartons they give you a free eyeshadow too. Start saving those containers.

These are just a few products I wake up in the morning and count my blessing for. Feel free to comment on your favs too.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Mo here just having to say that your blog is all I expected and more! and your chi is totally worth grabbing in the event of a fire if you are going to be stranded at least look good. But I would just have to add an eyelash curler. Being blessed with straight fine eyelashes the curler just adds a little bend to amplify the lash! It's so fun to be a girl

Anonymous said...

I love all things Mac... even the guys at the Mac counter. Is it bad that sometimes there's something about a guy in eyeliner? I also love the Dermologica tinted moisturizer. It probably is a lot like the Clinique one. I hate cake face! My eyebrows are messed up. Will you fix them for me?

Aimee said...

Emily - yes, eyelash curlers are Beauty Essential #6

Brooke - anytime you need a fixin' I'm your girl! And eyeliner on boys has a place in the world, you're right!

Lisa H. said...

aimee - i've been wanting to buy one of those trimmers, but didn't know anyone who actually owned one until now. maybe you could give me an eyebrow tutorial via webcam or something? :)

ZKLP said...

i have been in denial that there is hair on my face until recently in the car zach said "you have hair on your chin." so thanks for letting me in on your favorite hair trimmer. also, i have and LOVE the chi. i had no idea that curls were a possibility! time for some experimenting!
katie

Lacey Jane said...

What fabulous secrets! So glad you shared!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP