Clocking Out
Thursday, July 26, 2007
So I'm sitting here on the eve of my last day of work. A classic Utah thunder & lightening storm is abrewing outside, good shuffle going on itunes and the pit in my gut that I've had all day is still present like a canker sore, you can forget about for a bit but the second you remember it, the pain seems to increase. I'm not sure I would describe this feeling as pain but its a real kind of melancholy feeling. I'm not good at change although I know it is the only constant we get in this life. I should be cheering inside that I will never have to deal with a mad dentist, slow printers or a office manager that doesn't get how to type in a website again, right? And truthfully, I am relived to not have to do most of that anymore but I've got to say goodbye to a group of people that I've spent 40 hours a week with for the last year and 4 months - coworkers that have truly become my friends. Sometimes I see these guys more than any other people in my life. As I've reflected on the moments the last couple of days I thought I would share some of my favorite work moments. (Non co-worker readers please indulge me for this post).
Aimee's Great Moments at ADA Intellingent Dental Marketing
- Pioneer days of IDM (I am employee number 6) in that tiny, tiny office. Begins in the dark hole with me and Danny and all my millions of questions about his interesting polygamous family. Thanks for putting up with them all, Danny! You were a great sport.
- The window room with Mark Jensen. This is were our life long friendship began. At first I thought he was bummed that I whined my way into that room but little did he know that I would end up being the best officemate/office dj ever. When he bought me a plant I would we'd finally arrived. Lots of good matters of the heart talks, good music and many laughs.
- Moving Danny's desk just half inches everyday until he could barley sneak behind the desk.
- The first time a doctor made me cry. Dr. Babaeian to be exact. Mark patiently let me have my moment as we shared a room and I had no where else to go. Man, I've really toughened up since then! I doubt a doctor could make me cry now.
- DJ coming in shaking telling us the story of how an undercover cop pulled him over after he cut him off and sped away going over 100 mph. No ticket - the officer "didn't have time". Lucky bastard. He was still shaking!
- The shock of being the only girl in an all male office. Did Rob really just ask me if my boobs were real??
- Free Mac Software. Thank you forever and ever.
- Goodbye Cottonwood Heights, Hello Draper.
- Our arms on hips pictures here. For the record I never stand like that. Does anybody really, is the question?
- The Aimee Queen of the Office Desk that had the all seeing eye.
- The Office Friday Parties. Is this the coolest job or what?!
- The breath of fresh air that was Cynthia Knight. After months of not thinking the jokes about designing mailers with naked girls on the front, I finally had someone to also think they weren't funny! Regardless of age, we found true friends in each other. When we couldn't speak words we would find ways to communicate via IM or just a look across the room would speak millions of words.
- Driving home from the movie, seeing a truck with fake gun shots in the back and front windshield, discussing how lame it was, and then driving by and having Seth pretend to shoot at the car.... pow pow pow pow..... I'm still laughing....you really had to be there.
- Clock radio. Ladders. F bombs. Too funny.
- Andy singing full blast in his office, always noticing if I changed my hair, and giving big compliments when I brought in something to eat.
- My mad email to the snake in Lehi. I wish I sent the email now. He deserved my wrath.
- DeezGraphics Music downloads - please don't take me off the list! I'm sorry for all the times you wanted to put me in a headlock. I quote, "If she was a dude, I would've put her in a headlock a long time ago."
- Finally getting that Ken's on my team.
- Ken getting on my team.
- Cold sore blasting, Dr. Rob and our daily phone route of him asking me what I was doing and me replying "wasting your money." It never got old. He would laugh every time.
- Joey Smith, one of the greatest men alive. I would do anything for this man. He is so good and honest. A true pleasure working with him.
- Talking Arrested Development with Keith & Bob. Anyong.
- Working with my uncle and realizing that I still think he is a great man with tons of integrity. Thankful for the time we had to get to know each other better.
- Pedi's with the girls.... and Seth.
- Citris Grill, our Peach Pit.


9 Comments:
Aims! Wow, I can't believe you guys are really leaving. It seems surreal. When are you guys flying the coop? Why don't I ever see you? I'm sad, but so excited for you to do what you've always wanted to do. I'm coming up for Thanksgiving so maybe I can bust up to Bothell for a spell. I heart your blog!
And i am clocking in - excited to get to know all these great people. Hope I make many good memories as you did.
Thanks Aimee - love you
Aimee, we are going to miss you! We need someone to bring the sales team back to reality.
Most every Dr makes me want to cry. Aimee you are going to be sorely missed. I wish you and Scott all the best! Both of you have a very bright future ahead of you; make the most of it. And keep watching Arrested Development. Anyong.
Aimee,
I will miss you TOTALLY! COME BACK!!!!
Aimee, as you now know, I really am on your team! Thanks for everything! Oh and by the way, I'm not down with the naked lady mailers either.
I posted the last comment without mentioning that if you would have learned that I was on your team much sooner, you would have already known that I wasn't down with the mailers. Have fun in Seattle and let's keep in touch, even outside of tax season.
Aimee, you're the best at what you do and I love your honesty and straightup "tell it like it is" attitude. You have an amazing way of reading people and a keen Bullsh_t meter (that will serve you well in your life and new career) I'll miss you...thanks for everything!
Aimee, WOW! I can only dream to blog the way you do on such a regular basis. You are truly my blogger inspiration. Reading your blog from yer last day at ADAidm put a smile on my face ALL day long! Infact, I still can't stop laughing! I just saw Keith at a, a, little get together if you will with thousands of off spring from our mothers, and their parents, and childrens childrens, and we were both laughing! I can't believe that your time has come an gone from the ways of ADAidm. I actually wrote a nice reply to this blog, but hit something silly and LOST my entire entry. So, here is the second time around. I hope its as good as the first stuff I wrote. Anywho, cheers to the clip regarding change as the only constant in our lives. Most people Hate change, but the reality of it is the sooner we embrace it, the sooner it can benefit our lives. It can only make us stronger. The words of wisdom that you so graciously wrote regarding my last day at ADAidm brought tears to my heart and to Karla's eyes. She wishes I were still there. But a change has occured in our lives, and we have chosen to embrace it to allow for us to see where it takes us. Where ever you and Scotty roam, I'm sure that you will find a way to call it home (Sorry, the poem started to come out in me). ADAidm is truly of the Most bestest places that I've ever had the opportunity to work (Although Termite Ant & Spider Control, LLC is THE best, growing, has a positive future and is highering btw). I mean, where else can you work with some of the greatest humans on the face of planet earth. C'mon, where else can you work where you are welcomed in 3 weeks after quitting, and then still make fun of ronchie doctors spouses, and get taken to an expensive lunch while sitting next to the CEO of whom you've never included in a poem in fear of losing your job while employed by him? Seriously, tell me that aint a great place to work!!! Leaving ADAidm was truly one of the most difficult decisions that I have made in my entire life. The relationships and memories I've developed there, I will sincerely take to the grave. So, once again copying, I mean, honoring, you, I too made a list of my most memorable experiences of ADAidm. I should probably put this on my blog. Maybe I'll copy and past it so I can have at least a July entry on there. Oh yes, the list, as inspired by Aimee Heffernan of My most ADAidm memorabelia:
-The CU-KLUNKGK! of Cynthia's diet coke at precisely 8:00 am every morning from the pop machine
-The "Good Morning" yellling match yelling "Good Morning" in the tone of none other than a Uncle Mark Jensen with Keith Barlow at around 7:45 am each day
-The actual SCREAMING MATCHES that I got into with Jensen each day which were normal conversations
-Seth and Planet earth
-Peeking around the half dead tree that knew that I despised it via ESP out of Spite of being a plant hater per Mark Jensen to say good morning to Aimee at the Andy Barlow time of 9:00 am, which translates to 9:07-9:12 am
-The banging on the bathroom urinal walls to annoy the design guys since they heard ever flush from there. JJ wondered if the knocks were there like he was supposed to knock back or something
-Bob reminding me of Andy from The Office, always eager to help, mirroring Andy Barlow's greeting to him each day, but without the need for Anger Management
-Joels Jokes during serious meetings that he was conducting
-Mark Damron (my Dad) taking home my home made one-at-a-time M&Ms dispenser that I still wish that my kids, his grand kids, could enjoy in Lehi, UT
-Backing my Subaru in with my bug-trailer taking up a parking space and a half and watching late comers to the parking lot get pissed!
-DJ Millar and his way with women, words, UFC, JJ, S2K, and not meaning to but actually giving me words to put into my vocabulary and an education that I NEVER learned in college
-Zach for being the only one to ever understand me as a person on a Sanford and Son to Sanford and Son level via KSL.com- Utahs yard sale
-Kristie for not knowing that it was someone that I know whom inflated the desert Island, or was it an oasis that her office is in?
-Ken for the good laughs of relating in the stupid things that we has humans do such as bearing your teeth, inhaling to see if they are cold sensitive, or trying to get down how to know if the grease that donuts were fried in was fresh or not, or other stupid things that EVERYONE does, but now one admits they do
-Andy, for working smarter with solve, not getting anywhere with the smarter part, then having to work harder to get his entries in after a sale had been made a while ago, and for consistently showing up on at our Monday morning meetings at precisely 9:07 am
-Rob, for his top secret things that we confidentially discussed, which is what he swore only me to secrecy to, oh, and Aimee to, aswell as some of the sales guys to, Dave at Treeline, and a few others. But sssshhhhhh! Its a secret!
Well, the time has come to sign off for the evening. Notice the time stamp. This means the the kids are bathed, hair combed or brushed, teeth brushed, said family prayer, sang a primary song, and tucked into bed for the night. This is about the only time it is quiet in the Jessop home. Anywho, Aimee, you will truly be missed. If I ever come up to be an extra or stunt double for Patrick Dempsy or Grays Anatamy, I'll look you up. Otherwise, I'll see you at a wedding reception next week.
Danny
http://dannyjessop.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment