The Ending of an Era
Monday, July 2, 2007

So last week we found that out that our company cheerleader, Danny Jessop was going to be leaving us. It was a dark day in the company. I walked in this morning to find his desk cleared, an empty chair, and no Danny smiling back at me.
Its funny how you get attached to co-workers, the people you spend the majority of your weekday time with. Eight hours a day you are with these people. For better or for worse, you get to interact with all their annoyances, humor, noises, practical jokes and lovable qualities.
Danny is one of those guys you just want to have working for you. He is loyal, dedicated, a team player, and just a lot of fun. I always tell him that I would vote for him for mayor, city council member, or President even if he were running on the Republican ticket. That's how much I like and trust this kid! He welcomed me in and taught me everything he knew when I started this job at IDM and wasn't bothered by ALL my questions. He is constantly thinking of jokes to play on everyone and always bring a light-hearted mood to everyone around him. He is witty with words and had a poem for every significant company moment. He even created a going away poem. Not only is he nice to work with but he goes above and beyond after work hours. As a part-time pest control guy he came and sprayed our apartment for free, changed my headlights since I am cluesless in the car fixing area, and helped a few of the other co-workers move. Who does that?
He is going to be greatly missed. Well, he already is...
It is an ending of an era with Danny gone. He will now be the general manager of Granite Bakery & Bridal so everyone please go support him. If you are looking for cinnamon knots, mouth-watering sugar cookies or even a bridal cake, Danny is your man. Just let him know I sent ya.
Danny, thanks for the good times. The Vote-for-Danny campaign starts when you say the word!


4 Comments:
Aimee, you are the real cheerleader. Though Danny sounds pretty great, too.
Thanks much for your comments on my blog. It's so encouraging to get good feedback. If we ever start up a street team, we know where to turn. Or if we ever want to give the "real" media a nudge.
Thanks again. :)
I found your blog through Kristen's and I have just read every post. It was so nice seeing what you've been up to since you got married. I've written down some of your suggestions for music and tv shows. Thanks for the info and I'll stay tuned for more.
Danny:
We will miss you! Maybe we can still play tricks on design from a distance.
I just want to add my two cents. Arriving at work today knowing there would be NO DANNY left me feeling very void. Danny has been a positive presence in out office and I think I can say for everyone that he will be sorely missed! Thank you Danny for being one of those special and unique people.
Cynthia
Post a Comment