The Fun Bus to Wendover
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
So last night we took the 6pm FUN BUS to Wendover. On Devin and Scott's initial suggestion of the Fun Bus I for sure was NOT a fan.
Scott: We all want to take the fun bus out there.
Aimee: The Fun Bus? Nooo. We could get there so much quicker if we were just in the comfort of our own car, our own music, our own conversations.
Scott: Well, Devin really wants to take the Fun Bus. Lets just do it, Aimee. Its only $15.
So..... we took the Fun Bus and I have to say that my name is Aimee Heffernan and I am a Fun Bus Fan. It was surprisingly delightful. There were 6 of us and we got drinks, played bus roulette, enjoyed 4 games of bus bingo which in the last game I was this close to winning, and just got to sit back and enjoy the ride. Once we got there we got a free buffet, $5 cash back, Starbucks drinks, and 10% off at the sovenir shop. So they basically pay you to come out there thinking that you will lose all your money gambling... well they didn't know we were coming.
Rick Meyers (Ambur Dimmitt's husband for all those who don't know him) was our lucky charm and he met us out there. Rick is an awesome person to be around and showed us all the way of Craps. I love playing craps so much. I love the energy and the control you have and the dice throwing and how everyone on the table is wanting the roller to do well.... just good clean fun! We were on the table until the very end when our bus was leaving at 1 pm.
I made us $3 (should've stopped while I was ahead!) and Scott came out making us $50! Yay, Scott!
We're going to try and make one more trip out there before we go so if anyone is up for some good fun at the cost of only a $15 Fun Bus ride, let me know!


Riding the Fun Bus even allows you to read Harry Potter while going to Wendover! Emily is reading about Snape in the first chapter hence the disgusted face. Is he good or bad?? I'm still yet to find out??


8 Comments:
The fun bus sounds quite exciting, let us know next time you go. Christian wanted me to tell you that Grandma Rosie would be proud.
Long live Grandma Rosie and all her gambling, yard sale ways!
Ha! How fun. Glad you enjoyed your Fun Bus adventure.
Yes, Grandma Rosie would have been proud!! She always set a limit but usually came home with something; her specialty was 21!
Jake and I want to come on the fun bus!
I love it! I am glad you are a fan. I think the last time I went on the fun bus was with scott and friends before you two were married! it's quite the experience. Let me know, maybe we'll come next time!!
i want to ride on the fun bus! will you teach me how to play craps?
I've always wanted to do this. Sounds perfectly quirky and fun. Right up my alley.
Post a Comment