Mad Hot Ballroom

Friday, August 31, 2007

Earlier today Scott and I found a local pawn shop with $3 DVDs. Scott is a pawn shop slut and will only buy DVDs from pawn shops which is great because he has a large and cheap DVD collection.

Anyway, I ended up seeing the beloved documentary Mad Hot Ballroom for sale and insisted that we get it. Being that I was so excited to watch it again I put it right in upon arrival home and was reminded why I love this documentary in the first place. It is innocent, inspiring and endears you to the 5th graders featured in the film. If you've never heard of it I would strongly suggest putting it on your que for Netfilx or Blockbuster. It is about the ballroom dance competition in inner city public schools in New York. I always get a little teary-eyed when I see the love of the teachers. I am so truly thankful for great teachers out there. The kids are so cute in this film too.

Love the tagline: "Anyone can make it if they learn how to shake it."

If you are looking for a well done documentary for the long weekend, I would say you might want to consider this little gem.

0 Comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP