Deep, Dark Confession

Friday, August 31, 2007

As most of my close friends know I have this weird fascination with Britney Spears. I think it stems from my college years when she was in her prime and me and my roomies use to be fascinated with her life. Here was this girl dating Justin, getting to wear fun clothes and making fun, well choreographed videos and having her hair all fun ways and I became totally fascinated. Not like I wanted to be her friend or anything but just sort mesmerized by her celebrity.

Don't get me wrong, I think she has made some REALLY lame choices in her life but its like if there is something in a magazine about her I can't not look at it. I honestly don't know why but it is just the way it is. Scott says I have a crush on her and so be it. Anyway, her new song came out and I have to confess....I sorta like it! Same old breathy Britney but I like the beat .... a lot.

Check it out if you have one ounce of interest and haven't heard it yet. (Believe me, I totally understand that my obsession is so weird and illogical and very out of character for me but I just want to be as honest as I can on my blog so I had to confess!)

13 Comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

If that is your deepest darkest confession I think you are doing pretty good. I would have never pegged you as a Britney Spears fan.

I never have really been all that into Britney Spears, but lately it seems like I can't not look when I see her in the news or on a magazine cover. You know, her life is kinda like a train wreck, it's so gory and sad and messed up that you just can't not look? Kinda like a car spiraling out of control. You're sure it's not gonna end well, but you just can't turn away.

I've thought about celebrity and fame before, and honestly I think it must be an addiction for some. They get some sort of high off of seeing themselves in the limelight. A drug that is so addicting, that you would do almost anything, even crazy things, to get that high. Example: The king of Pop himself. Michael Jackson. I really hope she gets her act together if not for her sake, then at least for those poor kids.

naptime nostalgia said...

P.S. Have you heard the remix of this song with T.I?

camihubrich said...

It's a nice confession Aimee. I full on admit that I'm interested in it all as well. It kind of makes me a little mad sometimes that she keeps putting out a song that I end up liking. She's one that I look at and think, "I'm so glad that I'm not famous."

Kristin said...

Whoa Aim, who knew?! I certainly did not. But maybe your confession is liberating Brittany followers all over Cyber Space. I admit I follower her but it's because I follow celebrity gossip...yes, it's true (In fact, Cami and I one time subscribed to People as Cami and Kristin Hybur-Our celebrity blend name). I like her 1 hit songs (slave, etc) But for a while she was just singing about Lame-O stuff--"No longer a girl, not quite a woman"???? Any way Aim, I will be checking out her song and let you know.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen your bishop about this?

matt, bekah, jax said...

I'll admit I'm not afraid I like Britney's music. It started while I was nanny for an eight yr. old girl who obsessed over Britney and the Backstreet Boys. However, when she starts speaking in live interviews it ruins it for me - she is Dub-T. She has very little class or intellegence.

matt, bekah, jax said...

Okay, Matt and I just listened to the new song. Neither of us liked it. It sounds like she is trying a little too hard.

HayleeBean said...

Amy.....it's Utah Bunko Haylee! You're blog is so much fun to read. I know how you feel about Mrs. Brit, if she's on TV I instantly stop to watch...same thing with magazines. I think you pretty much summed it up about why everyone is so obsessed with her, even though she's been kinda sycho lately.

Hope you are having fun in Seattle! We missed you at bunko last month. I keep checking to see if Scott has updated his photography site.....I can't wait to check out his pictures.

Lisa H. said...

dan and i didn't like it - sorry. we did give it a chance though.

Anonymous said...

please return the past songs i recently sent you and erase them from your hard drive. i can see now that you don't need them, as you have currently lost your musical mind.

Aimee said...

I know everyone this makes no sense at all.... I KNOW THIS... but I think my weekly subscription to Us Weekly (that I got on ebay for $16 for the year) has really done a job on me.

I know this is out of character but I just had to put it out there!

You may be surprised... this song may come on the radio in a couple of weeks and without even knowing it, you will find inside yourself something wanting to dance and shake it to the Gimme More beat.

Just putting it out there... :)

Thanks for all the comments though and no, I haven't consulted my bishop yet!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://xurizenelo.s-enterprize.com/azysyp.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lefufynaha.1accesshost.com/viboge.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP