The Plight of Getting Ready
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
So I had a morning today where I was hating getting ready. Its just the same thing everyday - - get in the shower, blow dry the hair, put on the makeup, Chi away, find something to wear, put on the jewelry and on and on. On a good day it takes 30-45 minutes for the whole process. That is a huge chunk of time when I think that I do it everyday of the week. That is 5.25 hours of my whole week that I spend "getting ready". 21 hours a month and 252 hours in a year! What a waste of time to spend looking presentable!
This calculation got me thinking about how much I would love to live like The Jetson's. Do you remember how they would step into that machine and instantly be ready? I think a woman (just in the same dilemma as me) for sure came up with this part of the plot. Why can't we, in 2007, figure out a way to incorporate this machine into our lives. I would forfeit an iPhone for one of these machines! I can think of so many things I could do if I had 252 more hours in a year!
I couldn't find an actual clip of the "Get Ready Machine" but in honor of this wonderful, imaginary invention I have included a clip from a cartoon that inspired this blog and was a part of my childhood....


5 Comments:
Aimee - it's me Laurie Hathaway. I have never in my life commented on a blog. Brooke keeps telling me that I am computer lame and it's true! I just want to say I will miss you so much!It was so fun to see your Mom and Dad last weekend. Even though I don't see you often, just knowing that you are in SLC makes me feel better! Please find a darling husband for Brooke just like Scott. We will probably see you in Nov. as we swing your way on our way to the coast for Thanksgiving. I have so many thoughts just glancing thru your blog. Are you supposed to do paragraphs on this thing or can I just keep rambling? I don't know blog etiquette! I am just going to go for it though - you worked with Seth Dahle? Did he ever get married? If not why! I have those exact same feelings getting ready every day so today I just put on old capris and a shirt and said to heck with getting ready! I love the Jetsons! I have a great gal who got divorced a year ago for that cute guy - she is 45 years old. I love you even though I am old and out of it. You have great ideas for parties and I want you to give me suggests! The Patrick's won 20K on Family Feud and have a chance to win 40K more when they finish up next week in LA. I don't know what I am doing and am I a blogger now?
Lars, you did great on your first comment! I loved it.
I was so happy to see that someone over 32 even reads my blog. You are really hip how and for sure an official blogger now. Next step is a Hathaway Family blog.
Seth Dahle isn't married. I don't know why?? He is a handsome kid. Has a girlfriend as of last time I talked to him.
We should try to do a hook up with my friend and your friend. We'll have to twalk.
I can't believe the Patricks went on Family Feud. I've been wanting to do that for years. I hope they win the big money. How fun!!!!
You're welcome on my blog anytime! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love comments!
Looking forward to November when we can see you guys.
You could be a very rich woman if you invented this. I would foresure by it!!!!
So true! (I get halfway ready in my car on my way to work. Don't tell, but I apply my make-up in the car driving to work... oopsy.)
Aimee,
Please update you blogging fans when you go on vacation.
Thank You
Shannon :)
Post a Comment