The Tattoo That Never Was
Sunday, August 26, 2007
The week before we left for Seattle Scott was this close < > to getting a tattoo. We were in the shop, paid the down payment and the proof was on his arm when he decided he wasn't 100% in love with the design. So, it didn't happen but the whole experience made him realize that he REALLY wants a tattoo so now he is in the process of deciding exactly what he will be 100% in love with. Here is a picture of the proof that almost was his tattoo. It is a Dylan Thomas poem called Being But Men. It talks about experiencing the world as a child. Very Scott - I think he was really good at being a kid. You can read the poem here. Check out how sexy he looks with a tattoo. If you have any creative ideas for the real thing let us know!


4 Comments:
i hope he finds something he loves 100%. does he want to do text for sure or a picture?
My only suggestion is make sure you have a solid artist not just on paper but on skin. I learned, well many times, just because they can draw you up a killer picture doesn't mean they can artistically implement the design on your body! Check their skin portfolio :) As for designs, it's so personal, and he's super smart for not buckling and getting it when he wasn't 100%.
Hey - I just checked my girls blogs and I always like to see what you are doing cause I love you! Anyhoo - as an old fart, I just want to add my two cents! No Scott don't do it!! I have seen the gross tatt's on 80 and 90 yr olds and it makes me sick. You may think you want it now but when you are old like me or when your kids say - Dad can I get 35 tattoos and 20 piercings then what are you going to say? Just my observation - plus one more plug for the Church - Pres. Hinckley says just say no too! In fact I am campaigning for a tat free society. And besides - don't do anything that hurts! Okay that is all.
I am not a total tatto person. My brothers have enough for the whole world I think. Anyway, I think we'll know within 2 weeks if we will be in Seattle. it is there or San Antonio most likely!
Post a Comment