Home Is Where the Heart Is
Sunday, August 26, 2007
It was sad saying goodbye to our little place on Oak Creek Circle. It was the perfect place for our first year together. The Jackstiens made us feel like family and we were so happy we were able to live there.
It is so funny because every house or apartment I leave I get melancholy about saying goodbye. It all started when we moved away from our house on Glenmare Street in 1992. The house was totally empty and we walked through every room and said memories we had in that particular room. I remember driving away for the last time in my sisters VW Cabriolet and tears were streaming down my eyes and all I could see was the blur of the street. It was an important passage in my life leaving that house since I had lived there since I was born.
So from then on I've really tried to ritualize saying goodbye to a place I've spent a significant amount of time. I had similar feelings leaving Oak Creek Circle. It was a great place for us. We're getting settled now here in my parents place. Pictures to come!




2 Comments:
For starters I have to say, Has anyone told you how hot your hair looks? If Mary Murphy saw you, she'd definitely put you on the Hot Tamale train!
i agree about the hair. very hot.
i know exactly what you mean. i get so attached to the places i live. even though i hated this apartment when we first moved in, it's really grown on me and i'm really going to miss it when we move.
Post a Comment