Good Reads - My New Addiction

Monday, September 10, 2007


So today in my gmail inbox I received and invitation to a site called goodreads.com from my oldest friend of all time, Brooke Hathaway. And after perusing it a bit I thought to myself:

"I love this site!"
"Why hasn't anyone invited me to this site before September 2007?"
"Do I look like someone who doesn't enjoy reading?"
"I freaking love this site!"
"Do I talk too much about pop culture and not enough about books?"
"I was in a book club back in Utah so why didn't any of those people invite me?"
"This is the coolest freaking book-nerd site ever!"

And so on....

But I have come to the conclusion that I will shelve these questions and just bask in the sunshine that is GoodReads.com. I am in love with this website. I was just telling my sister, Lisa, that I felt obligated to society to start reviewing books and hotels and the like more often because I truly appreciate when someone can warn me via web reviews to never spend the night in a shitty hotel room or waste my time reading a crappy book. So today and I am starting a new. I will now be reviewing all the books I love and hate and see what my friends also think about books they are reading. And I hope that through this book-clubbin' network that I will never again have to ask myself, "what book should I read next?"

Thank you, Brooke for the invite. And thank you to the inventors of goodreads. I will forever be grateful for the treasure you have created for me.

I welcome all friends to join me. Click here for more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would love this site!! A friend of mine randomly told me about it on Saturday and I immediately thought of you. It is so fun and so interesting and I'm always looking for a fantastic "next read." I'm so glad you like it and I am already reaping the benefits of your reviews. I am going to read The Glass Castle next for sure. Can't wait to start.
By the way, pretty sure that me and Katie and my mom are all obsessed with ELF. We just bought like a butt-load of stuff and paid probably $20 for the lot. YAY! Thanks for the tip... how can it be legal, but I love it!

Lisa H. said...

aimee - dan's been pestering me to post about goodreads. sorry i wasn't the first to tell you about it...it is an awesome site.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. I told Lisa like 50 times to post about it so you guys would sign up. I'm anxious to get recommendations from you, Scott, Hannah and hopefully Hartman. My only disappointment is that you didn't end your post with the line, "you don't have to take my word for it." buh nah nah.

Dan

camihubrich said...

Aimee, I went and signed up for this but I don't have your email address so I don't know how to add you. I feel like I already asked you this, so if I did, then I'm sorry.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP