The Surgery

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So yesterday was the day we all have been waiting for the whole month of September. Scott's surgery. Initially, we want to thank everyone for all your love. You have all been so great in sending your thoughts and love and all your calls. We have such a great support system!

Scott was supposed to go into surgery at 1:15 but they were backed up in the OR and didn't get in until 3:45. So there was a whole lot of waiting. The surgery took about 3 hours and the doctor said everything went well. His meniscus is basically gone now so he will forever have to be careful with impact on his left knee. Boo to that. Scott had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia and was a bit nauseous so they wouldn't let him leave until he could keep down his pain pills. He was pretty sleepy and out of it when they finally let me see him. We get home until about 10 pm so it was a really long day of no food for Scott (he had to fast until the surgery). Scott likes food so this was painful and we cooked him up something good when we got home. Surprisingly, he was able to keep it down!

He had a TON of pain today but thank heavens for Oxycontin! He'll be kickin' in no time.



* Please note that any pictures you see of Scott and I in the future, you will notice that Scott can NEVER make a serious face. I have really come to a place of acceptance of this and will continue to post all his crazy faces as a form of punishment.

2 Comments:

matt, bekah, jax said...

I am so glad the surgery went well and that the insurance got all figured out. Keep us posted on how is recovery goes. Too bad he couldn't wait for Matt to get good, than it would've been free. :)

Kristin said...

Boo to knee surgery, but yay for insurance and good recoveries and happy knees. That's funny about scott and his faces. In high school for all of my dance pictures I never smiled because I had a smile complex. I'd make goofy faces to counter the idea if I smiled and looked "ugly" then there was no excuse. If I made a dorky face and looked "ugly" then there was an excuse.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP