All You Need Is Love...do, do, do-do, do...

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Today, as Scott was drugged up on pain pills, I selfishly went to the movie Across the Universe with my parents. Has anyone else seen this enchanting, aesthetically-pleasing movie? It was so artistic and I liked how different it was from any other movie I've ever seen. The story had a bit of a formula but the presentation was far from it. There were some points where I was wondering where the plot was going but I can honestly say that I was intrigued and entertained and at some points really moved the whole time. And who doesn't love hearing covers of The Beatles songs in a full length movie? It was so fun to see the different interpretations of the songs and how that played out on the screen. There were a few song I hadn't even heard before.

It was truly a beautiful looking movie and I couldn't help but think about the creators of the movie and how if I had created something with so much passion, color and art detail I would be so proud of myself. I can't say enough how beautiful looking and creative the movie was. I wish I was born with more art talents in me (sigh). When we have kids I put Scott completely responsible for teaching them how to be artistic. I can draw stick figures and thats about it.

Art through the medium of film...ahh....I love movies.

*Don't let this happy trailer fool you. The subject is actually pretty dark and takes a deep look at the time of the Vietnam War. There are some fun, happy parts but overall I would say the subject is a bit heavy. Its worth a watching for those with open eyes, ears and hearts. Please note, it is a musical. You will walk out singing Beatle songs.

2 Comments:

Kristin said...

I actually really want to go see this with Jake and my Dad...a complete LOVER of the Beatles. For my Dad's birthday I took him to go see RAIN: The Beatles Experience and it was so fun to see his generation just going crazy like they were seeing the Beatles live. Holding peace signs up, air pelvic thrusts and huge smiles. I forgot you get to hang-out with your parents now...how fun is that?!

ali said...

I wanna see it so bad! Hopefully with Lacey, if she'll let me.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP