The Relapse of Snood

Sunday, November 4, 2007

It was the Fall of 2003. I was living and working in Washington DC and a co-worker guided me to an addiction I thought I may never kick. Snood. The ultimate time sucker computer game and more addictive than Oxycontin. This addiction spread to my brother, father and the family house cleaner.

My personal addiction ended about 2 years ago when I slowly weened off the game... until recently.

Scott got on the Snood kick because of his lay-low, post knee surgery life, which then led me back on the road to addiction because you can't just watch someone play. You have to have a turn too.

So ladies and gentleman, my name is Aimee and I am addicted to Snood. I have to play at least one game a day which is like a bag of chips because I can never just play one game. And if I have a bad game I have to redeem myself by playing another game but if I have a good game, I am on a roll and have to play another game. It doesn't end!

Now here is another kicker. The scores on my dad's computer are pretty unbelievable and so I have a new fix to be the lowest score on the top scores list. Honestly, I would be happy to just see my little name at the very bottom of that high scores list.

Ahhh... Please, somebody help me.

Any other time-sucking addictions out there or am I alone on this one?

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same sort of addiction to Tetris sometimes. What is the deal? Sheesh... and don't even get me started on Digger! Remember that gem? I wonder where I could find that. I remember coming over to your house saying that I wanted to play with you, but really wanting to play Digger. I'm a terrible person.

camihubrich said...

Kristin thinks that I'm addicted to Settlers of Catan on the computer, but I'm really not...although talking about it does make me want to play it. A little.

Lisa said...

Brook, my sentiments exactly! I first thought of my own tetris problem years ago after having won the big rocket at the end I finally gave up my addiction. I am truly off the wagon now, thank goodness. My second thought was digger. I can still hear the song, and can remember the patterns to beat certain levels. I remember that being one of the few fights I ever heard Mom and Dad get in as kids, "Your Dad's playing Digger again."

Aimee said...

Oh Digger, how I miss you!

Kristin said...

Does blogging count as a game? because I am completely addicted--and yes Cami was addicted to Settlers. Once you move a game from a social setting to the privacy of your own home you've taken it to a whole new level :)

Cassie said...

I'm with Kris and blogging is my time sucker. I have so many blogs that I definitely read (sage has helped a lot) and then a whole list of blogs that I considering reading. It's terrible. I remember playing this game a while ago. I was pretty addicted back then too.

*b said...

all i have to say is amen, but catan online and astropop are really addictive to me.

*brittany mcculloch (from Bunco)

*b said...

oh wait and blog stalking :)

*britt

Shannon said...

digger....Aimee with your technical expertise I'd be surprised if you couldn't find this game somewhere!!! Come on, is the challenge on?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP