Creating Possibilities for Kids
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
I have some great news everyone.
My fantastic friends, Marni & Rob Timmerman have launched the beautiful website for Creating Possibilities for Kids which is basically the best new non-proft organization in all of America and possibily the whole world. It is an organization focused for kids who are dealing with a parent with a disability - mental or physical.
I would've loved a support like this when I was growing up. It is funny because I hadn't met any kids dealing with this kind of issue until I became friends with Kara and Marni and we instantly had a connection because we all knew what it was like to have a parent with a disability. Just knowing there were people out there that could understand my experience made things seem lighter. You can imagine what a difference it could make in kid's life if they feel this connection from a earlier age than 25.
CPK provide a number of quality programs and specifically provide a safe place for kids to express themselves, get tutoring, learn coping skills through outdoor activities, and most importanly, being with others going through similiar experiences of dealing with the stress of having a parent that, on many occasions, depend on them.
So readers, here is what I am asking from you:
1) If you know of any kids that would benefit from being involved in this program please, please, please refer them to this organization.
2) If you want a good cause to volunteer with, please go to the site and sign up on their volunteer list.
3) If you feel so inclined, any amount donated would help get this organization off to a fantastic start.
Again, you can check out more of CPK HERE.
I am so proud of Creating Possibilities for Kids and am moved by people who are truly trying to create change in our world.



2 Comments:
What a great organization!!! I love that!
I love you! xoxox Marni
Post a Comment