Belief Paper
Friday, December 7, 2007
So as I mentioned in a past post this week, I got my 12 page belief paper back and some were wondering what tracks I did on the CD I turned in with my paper. (This isn't the soundtrack of my life - that kind of album would be a bit different and I would have to really think about what songs I would put on for that soundtrack!) What we had to do was write a paper on our beliefs and worldview and how our family themes have played into those things. So my first theme was the love of music so I decided to thread that theme through my whole paper by putting lyrics of a song that has influence that family theme. Here is a brief summary of the theme and songs that weaved throughout my paper and shaped experiences in my life.
Belief Paper Soundtrack
Cat Stevens, If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out
Joni Mitchell, California
Paul Simon, You Can Call Me Al
Simon & Garfunkel, Bookends
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Helplessly Hoping
Cat Stevens, Don't Be Shy
LDS Church Primary Song, I Am a Child of God
Sufjan Stevens, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Indigo Girls, Secure Yourself
Peter Bjorn and John, Objects of My Affection
The Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Our House
Pachelbel, Cannon in D
For those interested, I will include a link to my paper. Please note that I am very hesitant posting this. It makes me feel very vulnerable as it is my experiences and beliefs committed to paper. My paper is my completely honest feelings about very personal beliefs so I would ask that only those who want to read this with open, curious and respectful eyes do so. If you feel you can not read this without personalizing it or judging me, please just refrain from clicking the link.
Here it is.... deep breath. (I can't believe I'm doing this - the link should work now.)


10 Comments:
Aims- I tried to download your paper but it denied me. What am I doing wrong?
Aimee -- That paper was beautifully written. Your beliefs are your beliefs, no judgement!
If I were to write the same paper I would have some different things and some the same. So interesting how we were raised by the same parents but take different perspectives that make us into who we are. We did have such a happy childhood, and grateful we did all seem to get the happy gene!
It denied me too. I wrote a paper like this a couple of years ago for a college paper. I would love to read yours. Let me know what I did wrong, why I cant open it. Thanks!! Hope you guys are doing good in Seattle. We miss you guys.
Couldn't get to it either. I'll keep checking back to see if you have a solution posted! Can't Wait!
The link should work now.
Thanks for being interested.
I have printed it out and can't wait to read it! Great soundtrack, too.
That is such a great paper. You are so good at writting details. I loved it!! Thanks for letting me read it.
Great paper Aimee! I really enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to gain some insight into your beliefs. I hope you'll post additional papers so I can learn a bit vicariously as you progress through graduate school.
Well done! I can't wait to get together and discuss it further.
It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.
Post a Comment