Today Was A Good Day

Thursday, December 6, 2007

7:00 am - Scott leaves for an interview
8:00 - I wake up do my internet thing
9:22 - Scott comes home. He got offered the job!!! "Can you start Monday?!"
9:37 - A nice bowl of Fruit Loops while chatting with my man
9:53 - Good hot shower - oh what a great, big, lovely shower it is!
11-1:30 pm - Final studying with my lady friends that I feel like I've known way longer than just 10 weeks.
4:30 - Get my 12-pager back on "My Beliefs and Family Themes" in which I turned in a CD with it that represented the soundtrack of my beliefs as each song tied in with a family theme or belief. Teacher said he hadn't seen that before and at the end he writes. "This is an autobiography of love. Was, (is) it really as good as it sounded?" And I thankfully think to myself, yes, yes it was (is).
5:30 - Blue book here I come.
7:15 - "Wow, I really learned a lot in that class. I actually totally and absolutely loved that class!," I think as all my anxiety is finally washed away and I rub my hand cause that was a lot of writing.
7:30 - Great convo with Bri as I drive to our celebration meeting spot.
7:55 - Scott brings me my replacement battery for my iBook so no more hogging the plug at school cause it only holds a charge for 7 minutes! Best part: 21 days left on my Apple Care Plan. So thank you, Steve Jobs for the new battery!
8-10 - Delightful dinner at Cirque in West Seattle with Meghan & Ryan to celebrate:
1) Meghan's last day at her externship and last interview for the clerk position
2) Scott's job offer!
3) My last final and month of freedom!
11 - Finally I get to chill on the couch and watch this week's Biggest Loser and I don't know what it was (maybe all my anxiousness around finals needed an outlet) but this week Bob got me again. I was crying all over the place! When Nicole put on her old pants and you could just see how far she had come, it was over for me with Bob's nice words about how she was a changed person. I love that man! Why would anyone want any other trainer besides Bob?! OH, I love this show. My heart wants Bill to take it to the final weigh-in. Just putting it out there.
1:44 am - Writing this blog and realizing that today was a good day.

8 Comments:

Kristin said...

What a day Aims! Congrats on getting through your first semester of grad school. I bet you are just gobbling it up and loving it more the learning than the homework, but I think homework in our programs is pretty interesting too! My computer battery is doing the same thing!!! I just need a replacement battery? I thought my computer was on its way out...that's great news. What a cool idea to hand in a soundtrack with your assignment, I bet your teacher loved it. What job did Scott get offered?

Lacey Jane said...

Congrats on the final final and to Scott on his job offer! What a good day, indeed!

(PS... dying to know what tracks made your soundtrack!)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to both you and Scott! I'm so glad that your first semester of grad school is behind you and that you flew through it and made your mark there. I love the idea of the paper with the cd and I'd love a copy of both. You're a delight. Yep.

janae said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!! Day tell Scott nice going, I am dying to know where he will be working. Enjoy your winter break. Talk to you soon.

janae said...

P.S I would love a copy of that cd!!

camihubrich said...

Yeah for Aimee and Scott! It's great that you get a break for awhile. If you guys come into town for a bit and it's not too crazy, we should try to get together. Snow shoeing to Kris's cabin or dinner or something.

Shannon said...

What a great day! I often put together in my mind what would consist of the best day for me. That's gotta be one of the best days for you! see you soon!

Lisa said...

Okay, so I teared up a little at your teachers comment. Because yes it was as good as it sounded, I'm sure of it having grown up in your family. I would love to see the final product of the paper as well as the CD. What an amazing comment to get from a teacher, and I am in awe of your creative brilliance in having thought up turning in a CD with your paper! How can I ever go back to college and compete with someone that can come up with that? Congrates, on all the minutes that added up to your perfect day. I especially liked the shower because honestly my shower is always a high point that I take for granted. Glad it was included.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP