The Resolution Revolution

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I hate resolutions. How much can change in one day, honestly? Do resolutions ever last longer than March? ...Well, in thinking about my loathing for them I started thinking about what I would resolute if I didn't hate resolutions and here is what I came up with:

  • Fight the curiosity to watch American Idol this season (it is a time-sucker and I know this!)
  • Read more books, play less tetris
  • Be more like Mary Bailey
  • Write more thank you notes to all the nice people in my life that do nice things for me (which are many)
  • Don't get too anxious about the future - everything is going to work out... I think...
  • Sit in my parents massage chair at least 3 times a week
  • Find new recipes & use the crock pot more
  • Listen harder when people (aka Scott) talk to me when I'm on the computer (I don't know what happens but for some reason my hearing functions completely disappear when I am concentrating while on the computer. People could be talking to me for minutes and I just tune it out on accident).
  • Watch more Sarah Silverman, Flight of the Concords, & Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Pray that the writer strike will end
  • Say my prayers altogether more
  • Write a thank you to my parents for having DVR on all the TV's in the house
  • Find out who invented Tivo/DVR and send them a thank you note (since moving home it has rocked my world of TV watching)
  • Be more diligent in reading all my assigned text books
  • Fight the "I want ___ (fill in the blank)" mentality - this only leads to me to self-loathing and an unnecessary sense of consumerism. Remember: I have everything I need.
  • Learn more vocabulary words
  • Love bigger
...and many more... I have a lot to improve on this year...
if I were to make resolutions, that is...

5 Comments:

Lindsay said...

I AM WITH YOU..I AM A SLACKER WHEN IT COMES TO RESOLUTIONS. YOUR LIST IS REALLY REALISTIC THOUGH..I LIKE IT. I ON THE OTHER HAND DO NOT HAVE THE WILL POWER NOT TO WATCH AMERICAN IDOL. ARE YOU WATCHING BIGGEST LOSER COUPLES? LOVE IT!! HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Lindsay said...

that was supposed to say "I do not have the will power to not watch american idol"

Alisa Frei said...

FINALLY! Someone else who wishes they made more time for Flight of the Concords!!!

Shannon said...

I love this post too! I want to be more like Mary Bailey too!

And, amen to your computer distraction, just last night you called then couldn't give me your full attention because you were on the computer. i love it!

love tivo too....love it all great post

love.boxes said...

Mary Bailey is lovely. :) Those are great goals. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP