Pregnant Bellies & Baby Blankets

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

As I am sure it is true with many of you, I'm convinced there is something in the water because soooo many people in my life are pregnant now. I am thrilled with all the new additions we are going to be have come to the world!

Congrats to all you moms-to-be out there.
(You know who you are!).


That being said, my sister Lisa and I had fun channeling our creative side and put together a few blankets for the family members with the pregnant bellies. We picked the fabrics and ribbons and this amazing woman sewed them together. (So sad we haven't honed the sewing skill yet). 2 of Lisa's kids have blankets similar to these and they are really special to them. These are blankets that will hopefully grow with the babies and take them into childhood.

Here are the pictures of the final products. They look much cuter in the flesh but I had to share regardless. The fronts have fabric designs and the backs are a soft brown blanket.

Meghan's Baby's Blanket:
Top: poka dots. Middle: GoldFish Going Home. Bottom: Strips (red & orange to match the nursey.)





Aiden's Blanket:
Top: Vintage Football Players. Middle: Strips. Bottom: Poka Dots




Parker's Blanket
(we didn't want him to be left out)
Top: Trains. Middle: Bandanna. Bottom: Orange/Blue Strips.




Here are some of the websites that we found the best fabrics. Reprodepot. Sew Mama Sew. Hartsfabric.

I've made one more for my other sister-in-law, Tracy, but I don't want to post yet because I haven't sent it to Utah yet. She is having a girl so it is very different looking than these others. I really like hers too. It has a feminine vintage theme to it. Can't wait to show you.

We hope you like them guys!

belly picture via buteijn

11 Comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures. Now I can visit the blankets when I start missing them!

janae said...

Those are really cute!! I am quite impressed! When are you coming to Utah? I am going through Heffernan withdrawals!!

Anonymous said...

Really, the pictures don't do them justice. My baby blanket is the cutest darn thing and is so soft. I can't wait to wrap the little mister in it or, as he grows, lay it over him as we read books. Yeah for best ever baby blankets and best ever sisters-in-law!!!

Shannon said...

They are beautiful and I am grateful to be the recipient of 2 of them. They really are so great. Blankets are one of my favorite gifts to receive because they are made and put together with soo much love. They are the best. These blankets truly are a work of Art. Thanks Mom, Aimee and Lisa...you spoil me. I love you guys so much!

Shannon said...

Also, I love the up close shots of the blanket the best!

Lisa H. said...

those are so amazing - i love them. i feel like everyone around me is pregnant right now, too.

Brianne said...

Aimee,
Will you make me one of those blankets when I get pregnant? :) Brianne

Emily said...

Aimee I love the blankets I'm so glad you posted pictures! lets hope that parker doesn't throw these trains into the fire place.

Aimee said...

Brianne, you are family. So, yes.

Let's hope Parker doesn't throw anything else in the fire!

Brianne said...

Parker throws things into the fire place? Like What?

Eric and Katie said...

Those blankets are darling - very impressive. Hope all is well. We miss you guys!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP