A Simple Love Story
Thursday, February 14, 2008
I am not big on gift giving. It isn’t one of my love languages so I never feel like I truly celebrate Valentine’s Day. There is so much focus on giving gifts and I’m just not good at it. But in the spirit of St. Valentine’s Day I thought I would share a simple moment in my love story with Scott.
Way back in the summer of 2005 Scott and I started dating. It was in the Hermosa house that we fell in love. On the back porch of this house there was a couch where we would hang out late into the Utah summer nights, talking, laughing, story telling, cuddling, and falling madly in love with each other.
One night we fell asleep together on that couch on the back porch of the Hermosa house and the next thing I remember was Scott waking me up with my contact case in front of me as to make sure that I didn’t fall asleep the whole night with the lenses in my eyes. He was someone who knew the annoyance of the contact lenses. He was someone who would think of my well-being in the tired moments of the night.
This simple act sealed the deal. It was love for me.
Happy Valentine’s Year. We should all try to love like we do the way we love on this day of the year.
Hannah shared this song with me and I thought I would share with you all too. Love Ray. He sings my heart.


6 Comments:
I too am not big on forced gift giving. Christmas we didn't give gifts to one another just to others. Valentine's Day is kinda just another day. Since it's been just Troy & I for so long every weekend is like Valentine's Day - a date, some romance, you know.
So last night we went to the store and bought food to make dinner together tonight. If it happens great, if we hit up fast food I'm fine too. Maybe the holiday will mean more when I'm a tired mom who feels neglected and saggy but Troy does such a good job of loving me everyday in word and action that it almost isn't appropriate to force it on V-day.
Scott, I cried reading how you brought Aimee her contact case :) And it's not just because I'm post-partum and my hormones are all out of wack -- it's because I love how much you love Aimee! Thanks for taking such good care of her!
Aims! It is I, Lars - or Laurie Hath. I can't find your mom's email address and so I am crashing your blog because I know you will read this. Please tell your mom to have the Happiest of B-days! I just love her and your dad and I always think of her on V-day. Also can you find Brooke a cute and sweet husband just like yours. He is a keeper!! Just a side note - I love Valentine's Day because I am a hopeless romantic. I will have to tell you a fun thing I do for Ben each year and you might want to try it with Scott!
xxooxo,
Laurie
You're lucky that you are such a great person and so pretty. I once saw Scott punch a kid in the stomach for taking his hat.
That's my kind of love story. I teared up as well!
That's so cute, what a quirky romantic little story. Thanks for sharing (and thanks, by the way for your comments on my blog- I'm not sure how to electronically thank you, hence the old fashioned in-person thanks you've been getting up til now!) Lovin the bloggin x
Post a Comment