Art for the Soul

Wednesday, March 12, 2008


Found this print via Poppytalk who found it via this Etsy listing. I am totally in love with it.

Wouldn't waking up to this poster every morning help redefine some of our core beliefs about ourselves? The power of words and positive thinking.... ahhh. Don't we all need to be a little nicer to ourselves? I think so.

This makes me think of the bathroom at the 337 Project. Did anyone see it? There was a mirror cut out in the shape of a head and shoulders. Outside the outline of a person, there were typed words of all the terrible things we say to ourselves in the mirror. For example, "My nose is ugly", "Why isn't my skin clear?", "A coldsore?!", "I hate my teeth.", "Why am I so fat?", "Is that a wrinkle?". You get the point. It was extremely powerful message with all the thoughts clumped together like that. It made me realize that I have a strong critical voice in my head telling me many of the things that were written around the mirror.

We are fragile. Be good to yourself. There is nothing wrong with you.

3 Comments:

melanie said...

Oh I SO needed that. Thanks Aimee.

camihubrich said...

Great post lady! It's so easy to get caught up in it all. I went to the gym for the first time in awhile today and instead of giving myself credit for being there, I started thinking about what I haven't been doing and what I wished my body looked like. I really had to stop and remind myself that I was making the effort and anything I do is going to help. We do need to be nicer to ourselves.

Kristin said...

What an awesome thought and honestly? We don't hear that enough to counter balance ALL that we think is wrong with us. Also, I wanted to say THANK YOU for the awesome mix that came right at the perfect time. I really needed some sunshine and it's been a great way to add some cheer to my current days. You're great Aims, just great.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP