The Time Traveler's Wife
Sunday, March 30, 2008
My brother is currently reading one of my all time favorite books of all time and I couldn't be more pleased. I love to talk about this book with anyone who is currently reading, plan on reading, or has before read this story of brilliant, science-fictional genius.
The movie is now officially in post-production. IMDB had still shots of the posted here. I am feeling the same feelings about this movie that I have about the Sex and the City movie. Both this book and tv series have a special place in my heart and I will approach the movies with deep, deep apprehension and complete, crazy excitement. It could possibly feel like Christmas Eve going to both these movies.
The movie is set to come out in November (the only reason to look forward to another winter). Rachel McAdams (Claire) is always a pleasure on-screen and since she dated Ryan Gosling for quite awhile I feel like she has a few gold stars from me. Eric Bana (Henry) is a bit of a stranger to me so I do not have a formal statement about him although he is a handsome young man. Ron Livingston (Jack Berger or Peter Gibbons as most of you know him by) plays Gomez who I wish, as I am sure all you readers do too, that we could just pretend did not exist in this story. I digress.
Overall, I am very happy to see this story played out on-screen. The whole time I was reading this book I couldn't help but think about how they would transform this on film. And did it not remind you a bit of the Desmond episode on this season of Lost?? Yes. Yes, indeed it did.
Again, I just want to remind everyone how happy I am to have been born in the technology age where books can become movies. You all know I would've never latest in the Victorian Age.



9 Comments:
Can't wait!!!
Wow, I have so much to say. First of all, HI. I've actually already checked you out via Bekah so I'm glad we're open about stalking each other. :)
I have read this book and is fantastic so I loved reading your blog. As for Eric Bana--fabulous. Honestly, he's one of my favorites and I love him. Don't worry, my hubby knows all about my love so it's no secret. As for sex and the city, Jen and I will be attending the premier --okay, the Utah premier. She is in charge of the marketing for it and her new company is doing the promos so we're going opening night. If you just happen to be in town that night you should call and come because it's going to be a sinners party. Love reading your blog because I'm loving everything you're talking about. Hope all is well. Your hubby looks adorable and I'm glad you're so happy and in love. It only gets better.
Sara
this is my absolute. favorite. book. ever.
can't wait!
I'm so excited.
Yes. Yes, indeed I am. :)
Thanks for introducing me to this book a couple months back! I'm so glad I read it, and am excited to see the movie (maybe with you?!?).
Sounds like I need to read this book! Thanks for the testimonial.
Yes, I love this book too! I read it on the train as I traveled to work everyday, past the neighborhoods Henry travels to through the novel. He also depicts a cold, dreary, quiet depressing Chicago and I could relate to that as well. More importantly the writing is incredible. The same author used to write weekly stories for the Chicago Trib. She is amazingly talented. Love, can;t wait for the movie. Plus I love Rachel McAdams.(Sorry for the novel.)
You wonderful Informant!!! You made my day! I had no Idea this book had been converted for the silver screen! I am so excited, I love, love, loved it! (and feel surge of great disappointment when people feel less than satisfied after reading it.) Thank you for giving me reason to anticipate another Utah winter.
OK...so I have checked out your whole site and can't find your email address.... :) Will you send it to me? Thanks dude!
I love reading your 'ramblings' by the way! :)
-Erin C
Post a Comment