Wade & Brianne + 2
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Today's Guest Rambler: Brianne Marie White Jones Wisan
Relation to Aimee: Best friend since we were 13 years old
Occupation: Dental Hygienist & Pottery Barn Discount Worker
Notes from Aimee: We have a BIG announcement. As many of you know Brianne is like a sister to me so please read below to hear the big news.
***
Extreme Nausea + 10 lbs in 10 weeks = 2 babies!
Extreme Nausea + 10 lbs in 10 weeks = 2 babies!
Let me start by saying that we are both extremely excited to announce I am having twins! If you know me this story is classic! If you don't know me welcome to my life. Twins run on my mother's side of the family but I never imagined not in a hundred years that I would have 2 babies at one time.Last Friday I was so excited to meet Dr. Yamishiro, please don't think I am racist but I was hoping for some sort of slight language barrier. You know, like when you get a pedicure or get waxed. For some reason it makes me feel less embarresed. So, there I was when in comes Mr. handsome with no accent what so ever. That's what I get!!
There was a little small talk before it quickly turned into serious business. As soon as the ultrasound started I could immediately see that there were two jelly beans not just one. The doctor immediately said, "well, that explains alot" (I think he was referring to my nausea and weight gain). As he was looking at the screen he said, "this is the pregnancy and this is baby #1 and this is baby #2.
Wade: "Are you kidding me" with the biggest grin I have ever seen.
Dr: "Well, do you know how to count?"
Wade: All Giggles
Dr. "Baby #1 and Baby # 2" as he is pointing at the screen.
That's when Wade and Dr. Yamishiro became best friends! Joking back and forth having a little fiesta together when Wade turns to see my reaction.
Two words- Ugly Cry!! It lasted almost an hour.
Yep, there I was still speechless yet not silent because of the ugly cry and would remain so for the next hour. I didn't ask ONE question! Not one!! Not when is my new due date? What type of twins are they? NOTHING!!
Wade: "are you happy or sad?"
Me: "I don't know, I don't know."
Dr: "Brianne did you drive here?"
Me:"NO"
Dr:"OH, GOOD! The last girl I told she was having twins backed into another car as she left the parking lot."
Me: "silent"
As we left the clinic and the tears continued down my face women waiting in the lobby quickly gathered their children around them. Away from the woman who was clearly having a break down. Let's just say it was a day to remember!!
It has been so fun telling everyone!! Thanks for all of your support and love!!


16 Comments:
That is fantastic!!! I am so happy for them. You will have to let me know the due date and all that fun stuff. MAybe now Bri will start a blog!
How exciting! Congratulations! Now, I know I am biased, being a twin myself, it is truly sooo special!
You're gonna be a great mamma!
Glad you had her post, Aimee... I really enjoyed it!
WOW!! That is the best news ever!! My best friend from the 4th grade on up... having twins!!! I am so happy for you both and can't wait to here all the updates. Now you have to start blogging so I can see these 2 little ones develop. You should post the ultrasound.
LOVE YOU!! Big Hugs for both of you.
Congratulations Bri and Wade! You will have to start blogging!
Brianne -- I was so excited when I heard the news! I love you and Wha-day-e-la-coo-ka-ra-cha
Oh Brianne! I love it! And I love you and your reaction! Congratulations. I miss you so much and it's great to hear from you...even if through Aimee's blog ;)
Erin and Teage had twins for their firsts. (Check them out at http://teage-and-erin.blogspot.com/).
I hate the nausea part of pregnancy, but a lady who'd had several miscarriages and 3 kids once told me that that's how you know the pregnancy is really taking. Then I knew I should be grateful for all things...even nausea.
Bri, sounds like everyone agrees that you need to start your own blog!!!!
That's SOOO great Brianne! I can't imagine having 2 little heart beats. I think I will be double the pleasure and double the fun and love and everything else that comes in 2's. Congratulations...and I would like to second the motion that it would be fun to read your blog :)
Congrats again Bri! It was so fun to hang out with you the other night.
Wow. Two kids at once. May God bless you!
I am sorry, but I am so freaking jealous. I want twins so bad! I loved hearing Wade's version of the story, but reading Brianne's is SO funny! It reminds me of the letter she wrote on her mission, about the smelly donkeys...telling me how it really was in Ecuador! Congratulations to them, and Aimee...big job for you too!
Thanks everyone for your cute comments. Blogging is such a fun way to connect to friends. I love my friends old and new. Chelsea show anyone those letters and your dead! :)
So you still didn't answer about whether or not you were going to start a blog. Don't try and avoid the topic.
Just because you are having twins doesn't mean you don't have to respond to the blog question.
Doesn't having twins really require that you have a blog?? People need the inside scoop on what is going on with a mother of twins!!
Please give it strong consideration.
Congratulations! I am a twin and my twin sister had twins and my mom had two sets of twins. They are a blessing.
~Annie D.
Oh my GOODNESS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's so amazing. So excited to hear you are expecting and not only one but two!! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment