The Best Coffee Cake in the World

Sunday, April 20, 2008

One of my favorite friends made this recipe when we were living together and it is the best coffee cake I have ever tasted in the whole world. The first time I bit my teeth into it, I knew it was love. Thought I would share for all to love also.


Sour Cream Coffee Cake
:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 cup sour cream (the secret for keeping it moist)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 T cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture and beat till fluffy and yummy. Put 1/3 of the batter in a bundt pan. Mix ingredients for topping and sprinkle 1/3 on top of batter in the pan. Top with remaining 1/3 batter and topping. Finally add the last 1/3 of batter and sprinkle more of the topping. I usually like to swirl in the topping with a knife so it actually cooks into the cake. Bake at 350 for 35 to 50 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick. After it has cooled flip over the bunt pan onto a serving plate. Some people like to sift powdered sugar over the top. Some like to serve with whipped cream. Some like it just the way it is. Let me know if you and yours fall in love too.



6 Comments:

Ambur said...

Aimee- That sounds really good. Iam going to make that tomorrow.

annie janke said...

Betty made something like this when we were kids. I'll have to find her recipe and compare.

Eric and Katie said...

Yum! That sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could hang out with you while you help my parents out. I miss you lots! Love ya

Lizz said...

do i have to use a bundt pan? I had one, but everything stuck to it so I finally threw it out (and the last cake I baked in it) and haven't got one since (although the new silicone bundt has tempted me...)

Lacey Jane said...

I love some good Coffee Cake! This looks delish!

me said...

I can attest to its supreme coffee cakeness.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP