My Childhood Home is for Sale!

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Speak of the devil and he will appear! Remember my last post about Sugarhouse and it being the best neighborhood to grow up in? Well, Shan was googling and found that our Glenmare house is FOR SALE!

2522 Glenmare Street will always hold a place in my heart forever. From viewing this virtual tour, those that knew me as a child on this street will see that the house has had some major remodeling and there is no longer a laundry shoot for little kids to slide down in their youth nor a waterbed (yes, you read that word right - a waterbed) in the space that is now and entertainment nook. I have to say that the owners over the years have made some beautiful improvements and it warms my heart to see this house, that holds in its walls so many memories of our childhood, is being taken care of by the good home decorators of the State that is Utah.

I have to say that looking at these pictures & virtual tour was a complete mind trip. Just seeing the tree in the picture of the backyard takes me back to when we would pretend this was a spaceship taking us far into the stratosphere. It reminds me that I had such a magical childhood and this house was the structure that housed all of that goodness.

If there are readers of my blog that ends up buying this house or know someone that buys this house please tell me! I would love to go through it again.

Ah, If these walls could talk....

P.S. My parents bought this house in 1978 for $53,000. How times have changed!

4 Comments:

Shannon said...

Glenmare. Glenmare! CRAZY!

Brianne said...

It is so cute!! I love sugarhouse!

Lizz said...

Ah, the days of the waterbed! How I would love the sleepovers at your house! (and because you would cry every time you slept at my house!) Your parents were so much cooler than mine. They always let us stay up late watching movies like Stand by Me, and Goonies, then let us sleep till 11:00. Aaahhh. To be a kid again. Thanks for the flashback!
(Oh, and Happy Birthday to your Blog!)

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! It will still always be the White House to me. I'll never forget playing school with Shannon in the basement or sneaking away while we were watching Fortress to go play Digger. How could they get rid of the laudry shoot? I bet they still have the waterbed underneath that massive, fancy tv. How could they not?
-Brooke

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP