Dear Blog.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dear Blog,
I wanted to wish you a happy birthday today. Do you remember when I told Scott that blogs were only for people that love themselves and then a few months later, one year ago today I came home and told him I started a blog? That was funny, huh. He made fun of me for a long time but I didn't care. I know now that blogs are much more than just people loving themselves.

I know that you provide a really great creative outlet for me and that you connect me with friends old and new. How lovely. You help me keep a history of my going-ons and know that I wouldn't do this in a scrapbook or a journal. We get to talk about everything on our mind from books to makeup to movies to cold sores to my family. Where else in the world could we do this?

So thank you blog (and Google) for all you do for my life. It's been quite a lovely year of ramblings. May we never run out of things to talk about!

Your author,
Aimee

P.S. Thanks to all of you that read my blog and take the time to read the things I write. I really love how it keeps us all connected. I am totally smitten by the blog world! It's been such a fun year. I love technology. But you probably already knew that.

9 Comments:

Shannon said...

Dear Aimee's Blog,

Happy Birthday. and thank you. you were my inspiration for my blog. as aimee said i wouldn't scrap book or even journal so because of you i will have my family history forever.

love

your author's sister

shanny

matt, bekah, jax said...

We love you too. It has been to reconnect, relate & bond through this I even have s few of my sisters that check your blog regularly because they like who you are and how you express yourself.

Lacey Jane said...

Yay for Aimee's blog! Happy blog-versary!

Kristin said...

Happy birthday Aimee's Blog! I can honestly say I was so glad you were born and it's been really great to watch you grow right up. I remember when you were just a little gal. Oh...my :)

Anonymous said...

I was kinda hoping that you would give away something - you know, like at Beans and Rice. Happy B-day anyway!

Dan

Eva said...

Ode to Aimee and her dear blog...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQUfzRF_drc

Aimee said...

Eva, thank you for that beautiful song for me and my blog. It is so perfect for us, you see. Always and forever!....

Stacie said...

I don't know what I would do without your blog. Well, probably homework, but my life is so much more enriched after the hours I spend reading up. Never ever ever stop blogging :-)

Unknown said...

Well I would have loved to know your theory about blogs and their authors before starting my own :) But heck, I DO love myself. And I love you! I do, really. You are the best. Thanks for commenting on all my blogs (and in record time!)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP