Avenue Q
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Today my mom took the sisters to Avenue Q at The Parmount. Here are the things I learned from the adventure.
- When going to a Saturday showing downtown leave earlier than a hour if you want to be in your seats on time - Seattle traffic SUCKS
- Friends will still be your friend even if you have to miss a wedding shower for a pre-engagement with your mom and sisters. Sorry, Heather. I hope you had a great time. I was thinking about you. Thanks for checking 'YES' when I asked you if you still wanted to be my friend. I was relieved!
- Gary Coleman continues to be child star that will never be left alone. I hear he is hiding out in Utah now. Any sightings? They make fun of him the whooooole time.
- I guess we're all a little bit racist
- When the puppets started swearing and doing actions that no puppet should be seen doing I knew I wasn't in Sesame Street anymore.
- Schadenfreude is a new word to my vocabulary and one in which I am guilty of at times particularly when seeing people fall down - for some reason I can't help but laugh my head off when people take a good tumble.
- And last but not least, there is nothing better than being with my sisters. We don't get to do that very often.


4 Comments:
Aim, Gary Coleman is definitely alive and well in good ole' Springville with the occasional trip up to SLC to go to "freaky Dee's" in moon boots and an over sized, knee-length puffy :)
What a fun day! Sisters, and Mom! Thanks Mom
My parents saw the show. Their comments were more centered on the displays of homosexual puppets rather than racisim. I got the impression that the name was short for Avenue Queer. What were the redeeming qualities of the show. I'm surprised to read that you really enjoyed it.
I had so much fun at the show. I am still singing, "where is the line between love and wasting time," and another song that I will not mention.
Post a Comment