Schizophrenic Dusk
Monday, June 30, 2008
My favorite time of the day is dusk (always has been) and it has been making me very happy that dusk seems to be lasting longer since spring went on strike this year and we have find ourselves in the dead heat of the summer. With summer comes the long days (it was still light after class tonight!) and particularly the longer dusk time (or at least it feels that way) which makes this girl very content to be alive.
So last night as we were driving in the car at dusk and the sky looked confused (similar to the picture above but with more confused clouds all meshed together). It was not sure if it wanted to rain or be a sunny dusk. It was contemplating a storm but wasn't sure if that was really what it wanted to do.
There were many reasons to be sunny inside but there were others parts of me that wanted to rain for various reasons. Wasn't sure if I was confident or insecure. One second I was sure I could see my life playing out beautifully and then the next second not sure if I believed there was any possible way it could. Am I becoming the person I want to be or am I far from it? I couldn't get my feelings in control.
Who or what can I blame for such emotional bi-polarness?
I guess, in this case, I'll just blame it on the rain. Happy dusking.


1 Comments:
This has always been my favorite time of day as well. Have we talked about this before? I always remember the line in, "Remains of the Day," about dusk. I'll have to read it again. I love living in Seattle and getting so much daylight right now.
Post a Comment