Airing Our Dirty Laundry
Monday, June 30, 2008
After our washer stopped spinning out our clothes this weekend my parents are now in the market for a new washer & dryer.
My mom and I are going tomorrow afternoon to pick us out a set. We're going with front-loaders and I need brand, model, color suggestions etc. Anyone recently purchased some of these babies or have friends who have them and want to give us some input before our purchase??
Any advice would be much appreciated.


6 Comments:
no advice, just jealousy
We have the Duet by Whirlpool front-loaders- they are a little cheaper than the next model up. And, I really like them! I just picked white- all other colors were more pricey, and I'm really the only one that ever looks at 'em!
I second the Whirlpool Duet. They are good, quality machines that will last you for years. As for the color, are you willing to pay extra for it? If so, get something you get sick of for the life of the machine (15-20 years). Happy appliance shopping!
Sorry, typo - get something you WON'T get sick of for the life of the machine . . . already one of those days.
We bought the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer about 1.5 years ago. They are good machines...although they can really spin fast - thus you need to shake out some of your pants with twisted legs before drying them. It helps so you don't really have to iron them. Also, we have increased our laundry needs with the addition of 2 children since buying the machines and our water/electric bill has only gone up minimally. I attribute it to the 16 pair of jeans you can shove into them. Although, my family's jeans are a lot smaller than most (toddler sizes).
When in doubt, buy from Costco. Then you can return them if you don't like them.
What did you go with? I love our LG front loaders. The long wash cycle is hard to get used to in the beginning, but you adjust quick.
Post a Comment