Signs of Aging
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I know that I am aging when...
NOTHING on the radio makes me happy except NPR.
Only old people listen to news radio,
yet suddenly I find myself as an old person listening to news radio.
How interesting. How bizarre.
What happened to good music on the radio?
Tuesday Morning Breakfast Jam, please come to Seattle.
Wait...why can I not find TMBJ on KRCL anymore? Sad.
NOTHING on the radio makes me happy except NPR.
Only old people listen to news radio,
yet suddenly I find myself as an old person listening to news radio.
How interesting. How bizarre.
What happened to good music on the radio?
Tuesday Morning Breakfast Jam, please come to Seattle.
Wait...why can I not find TMBJ on KRCL anymore? Sad.



9 Comments:
Yeah, one of my friends told me I'm no fun anymore a couple of years ago because all I listen to is NPR. Either they ain't playin' good music anymore or we're boring. I'll suppose it's the former.
I love NRP but I also love KRCL. Those are the only two stations I will listen to on the radio. Everything else just makes me mad.
Well I do like to diversify my listening options with some trashy radio talk, some music too young for me and lame advertising jingles but NPR does make it on the dial quite frequently. The other trashy talk radio programs usually make me more firm in the things/views/ideas that I believe in. It's healthy for me.
As for NPR, Ronan and I listen to it sometimes while we get ready in the mornings. NPR or Weezer...it's a toss up.
My favorite NPR show is the Car Guys on Saturday mornings. Those two crack me up every time. The only thing is that I don't get to listen to them very often since there are always other things going on.
zach is an NPR junkie too. i just don't listen to the radio period. thank you ipod nano hookup in my car.
I'm with you. Hurray for NPR!
i love NPR. People have no idea what they are missing.
If listening to NPR is a sign of aging, I fear that I've been old for quite some time now... eek.
Oh, I miss Breakfast Jam too!
Post a Comment