Uh-Oh
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I've got a new addiction. (Pun intended.)
Dr. Drew is my new therapy hero.
He may be a tv therapist but he knows what he is talking about...
unlike other pop psychology tv "doctors" that annoy me to no end.
I will be trying to hone his energy as I work with my non-celebrity clients.
When times get tough I will think to myself:
"What would Dr. Drew say?"
And then I will say it.
Take that, Addiction.
Dr. Drew is my new therapy hero.
He may be a tv therapist but he knows what he is talking about...
unlike other pop psychology tv "doctors" that annoy me to no end.
I will be trying to hone his energy as I work with my non-celebrity clients.
When times get tough I will think to myself:
"What would Dr. Drew say?"
And then I will say it.
Take that, Addiction.



2 Comments:
So, as a therapist, what are your thoughts on Dr. Phil? Just wonderin'.
I can't stand Dr. Phil. I am sorry to all those fans out there (my mother watches everyday religiously) but I just can't handle him for one minute. A true therapists would never give as much "advice" as he would on other peoples lives.
Sometimes it hurts my heart for people that really believe he is what they would walk into if they were thinking about going to a therapist.
Basically, he doesn't help the cause of changing peoples ideas on the therapy experience and that really saddens me.
Sorry if that was a harsh response to your question. :) Just being honest. Maybe I will try and give him another chance.
Post a Comment