Broken Hearted

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tragic news.
Please see email I wrote below for the details.

Kali,
I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will just start from the beginning.

Back in 2005 my then boyfriend and I saw your stuff while on the gallery stroll. I was smitten and decided I would come back later to buy something when I had more money. A few weeks later, I got one of your necklaces for Christmas as my first big/meaningful present from my husband-to-be. I had to marry this guy if he could pick me out amazing jewelry! So it has a ton of sentimental value to me and our relationship. Since then I have got a few more pieces of yours but this one still remains the most favorite.

Since December of 2005 that necklace has been my very most favorite possession. When people gave me compliments on it (and I have gotten MANY) I would tell them that if my house were burning down I would grab my apple computer, my chi hair straightener, and this necklace. I just loved it so much. It became my Carrie necklace like in Sex and the City. I would wear it when I needed a little boost in confidence or when I just needed to feel like "me" if you know what I mean. Totally nerdy, I know, but it was just a symbol of me and I loved it. Sadly, I speak in the past tense....

This weekend I was in Denver and either I left my jewelry bag in the hotel room or someone took it out of my bag at the airport. I have been devastated over losing that necklace. The other jewelry doesn't mean that much to me. When I realized my bag was missing I felt like crying. I told myself, "it is just a necklace", but really it is so much more than that to me so I just let myself finally cry about it. I'm sure this sounds totally pathetic to you but I am hoping you can help me somehow replace it or custom make another one for me. I will attach a few pictures for you.

Do you have any like this already made? If not, how much would you charge to make another one like this?


Let me know and thank you for creating something that has meant so much to me.

Aimee Heffernan


There was a bit more to the email but I will spare you the details.
Sad, huh.
I hope I can get a new one so it will all be just a bad dream.

You can see her etsy shop here.
She is super talented.



P.S. I realize my broken heart on this issue is completely non-Zen and the Buddhist inside me is probably very disappointed with my inability to detach myself from this material possession (especially in a time of economic crisis) but I am weak and my emotional self kicks in and makes me feel like crying. So sue me.

4 Comments:

hannah said...

Hay Beautiful!
I am so sorry about your necklace - I love that necklace on you - it is almost part of your identity!!
hahahaha
I hope she comes through for you.

Emily said...

screw the inner buddha when something means that much to your heart it's okay to be attached! loved the email. I bet you made Kali's day seeing how much her jewelry means to some one.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it is gone!!!! I loved that necklace! I know she will have more, and if not, after an email like that, she will have to make another one for you! I miss it already!

Lisa said...

I love the necklace as well...I was scrolling down looking for the happy ending that Kali sent you a new necklace for free that looked exactly the same, or the Hotel mailed found your necklace. So sad, I'll cross my fingers that a replacement is coming. Just let the tears flow.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP