Dear Uterus,
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Remember me? It's Aimee. Aimee Heffernan. I am in charge of this body you live inside... oh silly me, of course you remember me.
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you despite what you might feel. I know you might suspect that we don't even think about you (it has been over 2 years now) but I just decided to take a little time for graduate school so that someday, down the road, when we work together and make little people that I will be able to help give them a house and clothes and vacations and holidays (and have a career I actually love). Now I realize that this might make you feel neglected but that could not be more untrue.
You need to know that I think you are wonderful, magical, and I am so thankful for you. You are beautiful and lovely and I hope that together we can fulfill your full utero potential.
The truth is that 1 in 6 couples have troubles with you. I know this is a possibility and truly admire anyone who has to work with their uterus in this way. I know I am getting older and if this happens we will deal with that with grace and hope.
But in the meantime, I will continue to talk sweet to you and remind you that we have not forgotten you down there. Your time will come sooner than later (right, Scott?!) and together we will have joy in our creations. Prepare yourself for some baby making not too far in the future!
love your biggest fan,
Aimee


7 Comments:
What else can be said...I love you!
WOO-HOO!! That is all. - Brooke
Way to go Aim. Every Uterus deserves a little tender loving care. Your not going to regret this :-)
I am a huge fan of my uterus, as well.
Well said, Aimee.
Where is the picture for this post? :)
Scott, what have you done with my post?!
Hacker! I should never trust you with my password.
Don't wait! I promise that you will regret it. Sometimes you have to just stop thinking so much and just start your family! Your uterus might not be as forgiving as you hope!
Plus, you will make such great parents! Get started!
Post a Comment