Dreams of Queso

Friday, November 28, 2008


After seeing a fantastic, beautiful, inspiring movie tonight (more about that later), David, Scott and I decided that nothing sounded better after a good cry (ok - I was the one crying) than some chips and queso at Chili's. We cruised to east Bellevue only to discover that Chili's no longer exists in Bellevue and with further research came to discover that there is only 1 Chili's in the state of Washington. ONE. This 1 location is in the airport which doesn't permit a non-traveling civilian to enter. My dinner dreams of their famous queso was crushed.

Now don't get me wrong - Chili's is NOT what I would consider "fine dining" but I have never wanted Chili's chips and queso more than I do tonight.

Why do we always want what we can't have?
{sigh}

8 Comments:

Chad said...

We found this out a little while ago on a pregnant lady craving trip... keep in mind Bellevue is 45 minutes away.

They sure are putting a lot of advertising time out for that one unreachable location... we saw one yesterday. Ticks us off every time.

camihubrich said...

Hans and I had to drive miles and miles to find a Chili's in Boston. In fact, it wasn't actually in Boston, it was miles and miles outside of Boston. It was the cheapest meal we had the entire 3 months we were there, Queso, dessert, milk shake, dinner and all. I feel your pain.

JRV said...

Im about to go to AZ where there is one on almost every corner...jealous???
Did you go see "MILK"? Wasnt it amazing???

Sunshine Promises said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this info. I have been craving queso/chips SO MUCH this pregnancy and have been looking for a great recipe. YAY! I don't even HAVE to make it. AND - we just had a Chilis open right down the street. I owe you one, Aimee! I owe you one!

Brianne said...

I love it! Really those chips and Queso are to die for. If you lived in Utah you could have gone to any one of our 30 locations. :) Can't wait to hear abour the movie and the cry.

Emily said...

I won't take chlis for granted ever again.

Anonymous said...

try 2 cans of chili and one pack of cream cheese. It is not chili's, but it should hold you over for the time being.

Lani said...

Say it isn't so!! Chili's in Bellevue is gone???

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP