And Speaking of Women...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My junior year honors English teach sent this video to me (yes, we are still friends). I thought many of you women might relate to this message of female friendship.



You can read about Kelly Corrigan's memoir, The Middle Place, here. There is a trailer on the website that makes me want to read the book. I'll put it on my to-read list.

I love my girlfriends.

5 Comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVED this.
I thought of my sisters.
My playgroup ladies.
My Bunco Ladies.
My Utah ladies.

Girlfriends are the best!

thanks for sharing this! I really want to read the book!

alisha said...

I loved this, too, Aimee.

Really - what would life be without girlfriends? How much sweeter are the good times when we have those special friends to share them with. How much easier are the tough times when we can lean on them for support. And how much more meaningful are all the times in between.

Sigh, it makes me miss my Seattle ladies...and hope even more for those same kinds of bonds to be formed here.

Thanks for sharing, I have added her book to my to-read's.

Bridget said...

I read The Middle Place yesterday. Amazing story. Fabulous writing. I was very disappointed in her use of the F-bomb and Lord's name in vain. She's smarter than that. I actually censored my book by blacking out the garbage vocab. Now I can read it again and love it.

I didn't read your blog very well though...I thought that you knew Kelly Corrigan and that she'd been your teacher. I kept looking for references to her having come to the Seattle area...it never came. So now that I'm REreading your blog entry I'm seeing that your teacher recommended this to you.

I totally see myself on so many levels with Kelly. OF course there are plenty of differences, too. But so many feelings are the same.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP