A Dying Art

Monday, December 15, 2008


We said goodbye to our friends tonight as he was laid off as the only Seattle Times cartoonist and will be moving to California. Our whole family is brokenhearted that he will not be drawing as a profession anymore. Political cartooning is a dying art and I think it is crap that the papers are letting this form of social commentary slowly become lost in our world. Here is an interesting article in the Chicago Tribune about Eric and their family and the whole cartooning industry in general. Click, click, click. And I think this is a freaking sweet picture of their cute family.

I am personally sad that Brandi is no longer in the Primary presidency with me. She is a deeply emotional, wonderful, kind, enthusiastic person who loves her life and always would make me cry with her heart of gold comments.

Freaking economy.

1 Comments:

Sara said...

We will definitely miss them and the Times will not be the same with out Eric's political cartoons!

Love your blog, and I checked out Scott's photography, it's amazing. I may be calling sometime.

Have a good Christmas!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP