The Idealistic Investor
Monday, December 29, 2008
Some of you have recently fallen victim to me getting on my soup box about our new budget plan we created back in July with my brother-in-law. Please note that this is/was my first ever budgeting execution in my whole life and I was a budgeting non-believer. Thought it was bs and pointless. Come on, who really follows a budget?! The word itself pained me.
The Truth: The only reason I did it was to appease my husband and in my heart did not think we would really stick to it.
But now, as you might know, I have only amazing things to say about how we have eliminated a significant amount of debts by using the debt snowball, reduced many money fights in Scott and I's relationship, and have healthy, achievable financial goals in just a matter of 6 months from implementing this new system in our lives. Before we had no idea where our money was going each month and now we feel totally and completely in control. It does not take a ton of time either or make me feel locked in financial handcuffs which was my biggest fear. I will elaborate more on the specifics in the future because this is not the point of my post... my, how easily I get on that soap box...
Now to my point: We got started on a new way of looking at our money with the supportive and non-judgmental help of my brother-in-law Ryan, who is passionate about saving, educating himself, investing, and just being smart with money. Honestly, creating and discussing money with him has done wonders for us in so many ways. If I could, I would wrap him up and give him to you all for the New Year. But since he is a busy man, with a fancy job and a new baby, and would probably not want me to wrap him up, I will give you the next best thing. He recently started a personal finance blog called The Idealistic Investor. On this blog you will read many wonderful, non-boring, tips about how to navigate through the crazy world of money. So click here, scroll down to the bottom, read his story, and get yourself caught up on what he has to say because he is a smart, down-to-earth, and will teach you many things about how to be wise in this ever-changing, fragile financial world. My personal favorites so far are about negotiating salary and financial moments of truth.
So What Next?
1) Tell everyone you know about his blog
2) Subscribe to his blog so you can keep updated on his wisdom
3) Comment because commenting is nice and people should do it more often
4) Post a link on your sidebar so everyone can partake in the glory
5) Don't worry about thanking me. This is what I am here for!
May 2009 bring lots of financial happiness.


3 Comments:
I so glad to hear it's working! You've inspired me to get it together!!!!
Hans and I took a Dave Ramsey finiacial peace class last October, and it was nothing but life changing for us. We try and try to get people to jump on, but no one really does. I can't agree with you more that being on a budget gives you more freedom than when you're not. I say good job to you too and in this wintery season...we're rocking the debt snowball as well. Rock on debt snowball.
wow. this is totally what i need. i am a budget dummy. can't wait to learn more! (and sorry about your technological losses)
Post a Comment