Love, Love, Love, Love Crazy Love

Sunday, December 28, 2008

photo by Scott

One of my bestest, most wonderful, caring, intuitive, insightful, longest friends of all time proposed to her girlfriend this weekend by surprising her with a Kenmore Air flight to Victoria BC and popped the question in the ever-so-fancy Empress Hotel.

I was able to see them tonight and hear all the wonderful details. I loved hearing their engagement story. I loved being in on all the secret details from the purchase of the ring to the surprise seaplane ride. And of course, I got teary seeing the joy in their smiles and hearing the happiness in their voices as they retold the adventure.
Theirs is a great love.

Rush and I have been through a lot together. From high school english and health classes, first loves, cars in ditches, heartbreaks, new cities, illegal calls on my mission, tears, long distance drives, many laughs, this-is-the-one loves, and the redefinition of self time and again, we have always been there to give honest feedback and to support and love each other unconditionally. There is no price tag on our friendship. It is better than gold. And I love to see her this happy with someone she is crazy about. Everyone deserves this kind of love.

Sarah is amazing so I am thrilled to add her to the friend-family, talk therapy together, and grow old with her too. Congrats, Rush & Sarah! Who doesn't love a wedding? I can't wait.

Cheers to love.

7 Comments:

ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa H. said...

what a sweet post. cheers to love, indeed.

Lisa H. said...

p.s. i'm using my mom's computer and accidentally posted that first comment under my mom's id - thus the delete.

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

Congratulations Rushie and Sarah! I am so happy for you both! Love is a wonderful thing :) Lovely post Aimee--please pass my congratulations onto them!

Erin said...

Congratulations Rushie! Happy to see you so in love and happy! Aimee - people are so lucky to have a friend like you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for love! Pass on our congratulations! Anxious to meet Sarah.

Love, Marilyn and Lee White

Aimee said...

My mom meant "anxious to meet the newly engaged Sarah". She knows you have already met before. That dang MS!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP