Please, Have A Seat!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Beside many wonderful eats and conversations with dear friends the past couple of days the video below was BY FAR the best thing that happened to me this weekend. It is hard to explain in words how happy this experience has made me so a video will have to help begin our journey.



As most of you know and some of you might not know, I have a big crush on Japanese toilets. If you need a refresher on why I love these so much you might want to read or re-read this post I did last year. They are the most beautiful inventions to have come out of Japan and this weekend I actually got to use one again. Oh, the joy in my heart! I had forgotten the pure bliss my bottom experiences while sitting on a warmed toilet.

And because the Universe loves me so much my friend Eva had been shopping earlier this week in some random mall and fell upon a random asian store that sold these lovely machines. Knowing all about my love she had picked up two fliers for me and was planning on giving them to me as a surprise present after our sushi at Mashiko in West Seattle (which had awesome sushi by the way and the place in which I was able to sit upon this machine of all machines and experience true bathroom heaven). The good news in her pamphlets was that she discovered that I can buy these babies in America. I REPEAT: I CAN BUY THESE LOVELY TOILETS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Quite serendipitous if you ask me. A coincidence?! I think not!

So if any of you were thinking, "What on earth could I possibly get Aimee that she doesn't already have?", well my friends and family, here is your answer! The ATS-908. For the cheap price of $649 you could make all of my Christmas/Birthday/Graduation/Anniversary/Just-for-No-Reason/For-All-the-Times-I-Have-Helped-You-With-Your-Computer-or-Blogging-Issues/And Because-You-Love-Me dreams come true.

And if any of you have some spare change floating around for a toilet upgrade you can have all YOUR daily hygiene dreams come true by going to this website and purchasing yourself one of your very own from the Lotus company. Just know that if you get one I will be very jealous and if you invite me over to your house I might not come out of the bathroom.

In conclusion, I would just like to say that someday when Scott and I purchase a house I am going to factor the cost of these toilets into our loan so we can start our new home off right and with proper appliances. If that doesn't work I might have to start a "Give Aimee Her Dream Toilet" donation here on my blog. Let's hope for you all that it doesn't have to come to that. :)

Bottom line: Everyone in America needs a Japanese toilet. Seeing this company appear gives me hope for the future and emotional well-being of American families in this dark, chaotic world in which we live. It will be the warmth in a cold toilet seat world.

And for that I am grateful.

7 Comments:

melanie said...

So you don't want the deoderizer or the remote control features of models 909 and 1000?

Hmm, remote control could be fun.

I have concerns about the sanitation of the side-buttons themselves. And does this reduce paper waste?

I must try.

Stacie said...

I'll order it for you today :-)

annie janke said...

Grandma Betty wants one...but not for that price. Last night she said she REALLY wanted a heated toilet seat.

Aimee said...

Melanie, of course it reduces paper waste. Why wipe when you have a washer?! I know how you feel about the wipes but can you imagine this?

I'm not sure the remote control is worth it. What happens when someone walks away with it and I am hopeless on the pot?

Oh yes - thanks Stace. I'll look out for it in the mail.

Shannon said...

For all the help with my blog, and other things only sisters can help with I owe you many many many Japanese toilets.

Don't worry though if I can't afford it (which I can't) with the many millions D will make, he'll supply you with a house full of toilets

Lani said...

I want a Japanese toilet!

Sara said...

Love that! I would contribute to the "Give Aimee her dream toilet" fund. If you'd let me come use it every once and a while. :)

BTW- have you tried Ta-ke in Bothell? Fabulous sushi!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP