Public Radio: The New Downer Drug

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seattle pic by J. Kraemer.

Aimee's New Driving Commitments:
No more NPR until this recession/depression(?) is OVER.
It sucks the hopeful, positive outlook, cynical-optimist right out of me.
A girl can only take so much bad news in one half hour drive.

This commitment does not include:
All Things Considered
This American Life
Or any other program that does NOT talk about corporate layoffs,
retired people re-entering the work force,
fourth quarter profit losses,
unemployment rates,
or state budget cuts.

Less Bad News = More Good Music = Happier Drive = Happy Aimee
How can I go wrong?

Aimee's Final Commuting Commitment:
Wear my blue tooth.
Shifting, steering, and holding a celly doesn't bode well
for my competition in regards to survival of the fittest.

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Plus, bluetooth = legal ... double bonus!

Aimee said...

Point noted, Sarah. Thanks!

Lacey Jane said...

I couldn't agree more! NPR has definitely depressed me on the drive home... even MarketPlace- I usually LOVE that program, but not so much as of late... What can I say? Ignorance is bliss!

Sara said...

I agree... yesterday it was just over and over telling us how bad it is. By the time I got out of the car, it was like... why try? We're all doomed.

I think I too will need to remove NPR from my preset stations on the radio dial.

Sam said...

Bummer! Glad you're choosing to put a positive spin on it.

Don't hate on NPR too much though... bad news gets the blood flowing and keeps you awake on the commute!

Aimee- thanks for throwing me a bone over there at timetokeepscore! It is much appreciated with the beating I take from those guys.

Bridget said...

I totally agree...it's not just NPR, though. We are feeling some of this downturn in the economy, but nothing like what is being reported in the news. Maybe if the news were more hopeful then the economy would pick right back up again! We do have a few more people in my company who are happy about having a job, though. I like it when they don't take work for granted.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP